PDA

View Full Version : Do all 6600 screens...

WickEd_101
23-01-2004, 03:25 AM
...make a buzzing noise?

My 6600 emits a very faint buzz that you really only notice in normal usage when it is very quiet. However, putting it up to your ear and you can hear it rather loudly.

The faint buzz stops when the backlight is off.

Anyone?

PLEASE HELP.

aussie
23-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Obviously it's something related to your backlight, i'd say a hardware fault.. I checked on a 6600 and didn't hear the faint buzzing sound..
Get your phone checked out at a NSC..
Cheers

tzeonn
23-01-2004, 08:15 AM
do u mean when u make a call or sth? i had tt prob wif my 7650 last time, buzzed when i talked on the fone.

WickEd_101
23-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

The buzzing occurs any time the backlight is on - in a call or not. It's actually quite annoying I've decided, having now made some calls with my phone and had to listen to it.

I didn't know there were Nokia Service Centers (NSC?) but the Telstra shop I bought my phone from said there was a 30-day free replacement warranty, which I think I will look at tomorrow. Just by returning the phone to the shop they can give me a free one in exchance, having checked out the hardware and any faults. Cool! That's why I love Telstra/Nokia. Mostly Telstra.

I do hope it's a real problem so I don't look like a goose when I go in there, and they explain that's what the phone sounds like. ;)

aussie
23-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Sorry man, a telstra shop will be more convienient than a NSC, so go there, and you won't look stupid man, there's a problem with your phone.... Go there and get it fixed..
Cheers