PDA

View Full Version : 5110 - Problems Unlocking!

Larry
30-08-2002, 11:14 AM
I've used my F/M-BUS cable with Rolis 1.8 to remove the locks and the SW locks, and updated FAID. Now it accepts the sim card, but there's no network bars.
In the FAQ post, it said to use PPManager/NFREE to trace and recalculate incorrect checksums. I've tried using these pieces of software but I can't make sense of it. I tried opening some .BIN files I made with rolis but NFREE says "backup too small/partial/corrupt". and PPManager wants a .FLS file? What is this? Which program do I need to properly back up this phone so I can try to fix it.

Somebody please help me! Cheers.

Shidoshi
03-09-2002, 03:48 AM
Hmm...

Rolis 4.77 backs up your phone perfect.
Flash a brand new file, from somewhere, for example: http://nokia.sno.at/, then follow the same steps again...

Backup up your phone wouldn't make a difference now since it's not getting network ;)

Regards,
-Dave

Larry
03-09-2002, 06:23 AM
Yeah, only problem being I'm running XP, and the thing refuses to run. I've heard about some program while browsing threw these boards.. userport? Will this make it run?

Also, I only have 4.78 .. I can't find 4.77 anywhere (well I can, but all the links are broken :/)

Cheers.

Shidoshi
03-09-2002, 01:15 PM
Hmm...

Userport 'Should' fix that problem of not having the programs run under windows2000/xp, usually that solution worked with me :)

Try: http://www.freewebz.com/welshwizard/Software/ROLIS477.zip

Directly from welshwizard's site, I tested it and it was working at the time ;)

Regards,
-Dave

Larry
04-09-2002, 09:39 AM
Ah crap, this needs an LPT flasher cable. But, I bought a set of comport F/M-Bus cables. Does this mean I have to fork out for a set of flasher cables too?

Shidoshi
04-09-2002, 12:29 PM
Hmm...

Ahh, sorry about that, it's that I never use Nokia Tool by Rolis so I got it mixed up :) Try using Nokia Tool by Jordik v3.03 to unlock and fix checksums, etc... ;)

To reflash your phone you will still need a flasher cable unfortunately :)

Regards,
-Dave

porfirio
04-09-2002, 03:05 PM
I tried using Rolis in unlocking 5110 and I did not encounter the same provlems. However, if its really high version flash, you can use NokTool.

:rolleyes: Hope I dont sound strange

Larry
05-09-2002, 08:45 AM
I just flashed my phone (I bought an LPT cable) using the MCU and PPMa from the download section and Rolis 4.78 and it displays "SW<->ASIC MISMATCH - USE SW FOR DSP ROM 4" on the phone when I power it on. What does this mean and how can I correct this?!! Thank you!

Larry
05-09-2002, 12:28 PM
This is just plain crazy - I flashed it again using a different version and now the phone powers on as normal. I updated FAID like a good little boy with Nokia Tool.. but still I can only connect to a GSM network using an o2 SIM card. If I put in an Orange card, I get no network coverage. All programs I've tried show that the locks are open, so what the hell is the problem? I'm going insane trying to make sense of this!

vanshe12
05-10-2002, 06:15 AM
Try to use EEprom Tools or Rolis Tool 1.8 then update FAID, You can check if the update is effective by listening in the beep once under message alert tone, if theres a sound update is correct, if not it is not, if it is correct and still no signal it is hardware fault. check RF Filter. Smile M8 :)

Adven
05-10-2002, 10:54 PM
The 5110 is a SINGLE band phone!!!!

It will only work on O2 or vodaphone (900Mhz), if you want to use a T mobile or orange sim card you need the 1800Mhz version or 5130/5146 !!!!!!

It's an old phone and it had two different rom versions in it (3 or 4)...you've obviously have found the right one now, you must have flashed it with the wrong Rom version before.....