PDA

View Full Version : Not suer if i just killed this 3310 or not...

cjard
23-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Rolis479, WXP +Userport. Successfully flashed my other three nokia 3310s with the exact same setup. Was trying to revert my 557 piece of crap, to 513 (same as i did with the other 3..)

Now the battery on this this is a bit weird, but always been okay before. In Rolis, connected everything, chose to write the 513 s/w.. it erased the flash, then did a check and said "the flash erase failed,, got 9FFF instead of FFFF" or some similar message, and advised me to check the battery voltages etc. I borrowed a battery out of a fully charged 3310 and tried again.

A couple of times, i have succeeded in getting it to start the flash erasing, one time it failed midway through erase, the other time, the same message about the flash not erasing correctly.

Now, every time since then, that i've tried to flash this phone, Rolis tells me "Timeout (check cable or mobile contacts)" and wont start a flash erase.

Anyone got any ideas of what to try? altered the delay setting in rolis options, no effect. Could my flash cable have gone screwed somehow? There's a guy I know on the market who flashes phones, i might ask him to try with his setup, cause mine is having no joy at all.. If theres any other things i can try (I cleaned the contacts in the phone witha cocktail stick), software, hardware tricks etc... i sure would appreciate it!

cjard
23-01-2004, 03:08 PM
nope, i didnt kill it.. i just managed to get the stupid thing to flash.. and the only thing i can see i did differently, was i lay the phone down on its back rather than on its side. weird, but maybe there was a bit of a loose connection somewhere...