PDA

View Full Version : data cables

baztheblade
24-01-2004, 02:40 AM
could some one please explain the difference between the f bus cable, the m bus cable and a flash cable for nokia 3310 and what you can do with them. thanks in advance, baz.

Yotamz
24-01-2004, 05:45 AM
mbus and fbus are two types of data cables, but most of the cables support both mbus and fbus.
mbus mode is slower, and half-duplex, used for unlocking, changing imei and updating faid.
fbus is faster, and full-duplex, used for connecting a computer through the phone (phone acts as a modem).

uploading ringtones logos and changing settings can be done in both modes.

now about flasher cables. flasher cables are used for flashing a software to the phone, for upgrading/downgrading versions, changing language packs, or for uploading a modified flash.

baztheblade
25-01-2004, 02:19 AM
thanks for the info yotamz, i have read some posts which say that you need a flash cable not a data cable to unlock a nokia 3310. is this correct or could i unlock my 3310 with a data cable. if so where could i get info on how to do it. thanks baz

Yotamz
25-01-2004, 07:32 PM
you only need a data cable, with mbus mode.

then download the program noktool by rolis (found here in the dct3 software section).
-open the program.
-click on the bug icon (auto setup)
-click "read phone info" (to check if the connection is ok)
-click on the "SP" button on the upper part of the screen.
-that's it, the phone is unlocked. :)

if you are having problems connecting to the network after that, you may have to update the faid.
-repeat all the previous steps, but press "FAID" buton, instead of "SP".