PDA

View Full Version : NOKIA 3310.... Doing my Head in

mt_montgomery
24-01-2004, 04:37 PM
hey ppl,

i want to remove the simlock for my nokia its locked to Orange UK (Network Code 23433, IMEI number 350605101787291) i have a serial cable with the m/f bus function on it and i'm running windows XP, and i really dont understand what the bloody problem is i'm using nokia DCT3 flasher when i read "read phone" it does nothing and displays "press power on shortly" for agessss. i have that userport program running and ive also tried to use noktool, ive clicked on the autosetup and it doesnt find the phoine????"!!!! has anyoen got any thoughts on the matter, anything owuld be appreciated!

:-? :-? :-?

kaode
25-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I know is sounds daft but try and make sure data cable is fitted prefect and battery too. It could make all the difference

stantheman
25-01-2004, 10:43 PM
download rollis v1.8 try that works well

cjard
26-01-2004, 03:34 PM
hey ppl,

i want to remove the simlock for my nokia its locked to Orange UK (Network Code 23433, IMEI number 350605101787291) i have a serial cable with the m/f bus function on it and i'm running windows XP, and i really dont understand what the bloody problem is i'm using nokia DCT3 flasher when i read "read phone" it does nothing and displays "press power on shortly" for agessss. i have that userport program running and ive also tried to use noktool, ive clicked on the autosetup and it doesnt find the phoine????"!!!! has anyoen got any thoughts on the matter, anything owuld be appreciated!

:-? :-? :-?

you own a serial-port based m2bus datacable
you are trying to use a parallel-port based flashing software

for obvious reasons, it wont work, because it's using the wrong port..

try this:
Download noktool 1.9 http://blight.dk
connect your phone to the cable
conenct the cable to the PC
under windows XP ensure that UserPort is running (same site as above)
run noktool
POWER ON the phone, you dont need a sim card in it.
when the phone is asking "insert sim"..
press the red ladybug icon next to COM1 in noktool.
wait
should appear a message: "found phone on COM X, active lines are DTS DTR" where x is a number
now click the OPEN ALL button, or maybe the SP button (one or the other will unlock your phone)

i find in xp, that noktool disconnects from my phone after just ONE of these buttons, and i have to close the program, disconnect the battery from the phone, reconenct the battery and restart the noktool. maybe you will be lucky and your phone is not as broken as mine :)

mt_montgomery
26-01-2004, 11:02 PM
it works now, and i can use my o2 simcard in it :D