PDA

View Full Version : Memory address differences betwen nokia 3310?

cjard
26-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey guys.. i have three 3310s, and after finding out that version 5.47 On one, version 5.57 on another, were both crapware, with bugs in the text messaging (press C once if the text is very long, and it all gets erased) i noticed that version 5.13 didnt do this, but I would lose my 3315 features. Shame, cause they were nice,, but i can live without...

So i flashed all 3 back to 5.13, one maybe was older, like 4.xx something, up to 5.13, and the others were downgrades

Now, i have a problem. I cant remember which one was which, but:

One phone works no problem, except that if you try and show the picture messages menu, or choose a screensaver, it crashes and needs battery taking out to reset

One phone will make a call for about 30 seconds then it just resets.. blink, and thats it.. full battery, no warning, it just powers off, then maybe it turns back on, or maybe it needs the power key pressing, i dont remember. that phone also cannot show picture messages or screensavers, and doing so will crash it

the last phone, shows picture messages fine, but some other problems have shown themselves (and these are the same problems on the othe phones too) that personal settings like the ring tone.. if you look int he menu, there is nothing shown.. it just says "ring tone". if you go to choose a ring tone, the menu numbers at the top, show something like "Menu 5-1-0" and the screen is blank. Pressing the down arrow, all the ringtones suddenly appear and you can choose them, which is then saved ok.
the same is true of most of the personal settings to the phone; there is no choice, almost like the eeprom is stored in the wrong place in memory and all the phone is doing is reading zeroes

This phone also has issues like when i first powered it up, netmonitor came on, and sometimes the keypad lights stay on permanently

-
Im thinking of flashing a virgin eeprom onto it, BUT, im not sure of the address. Did it change from v5.13 to v5.47? is this why all these phone with eeprom from version 5.47+ are acting weird ? any thoughts on the power off after 30 seconds of call? the netmonitor lists the reset resaon (test 35) as NORM, and task as MDI RECE or something.. normal reset reason, weird it i usually UNKNOWN if the phone crashed...

any thoughts? i'd like to flash all phones to the same version ,with a nice clean eeprom, no crashing on pictures, no blank menus, no stupid text bugs of delete the whole thing if youre typing near the end (and the phone is sloooow) and also having the 3315 menus..

thanks

danwood76
26-01-2004, 05:46 PM
The first phone that crashes on opening the screensaver/pic message menu simply do a full factory reset and should solve that

Second phone again full factory reset and maybee try a new virgin eeprom and maybe a software downgrade (if this was the phone that had version 4.xx)

Third one again full factory reset

I had this problem and solved it first time!!

most of these are caused by data in the eeprom so I would try a full factory reset first and maybee a new eeprom if this fails

As far as I know the eeprom address is the same in both older and newer 3310's
Try comparing the size of an old MCU+PPM with a new one and post results.

hope it helps,
Danny

cjard
27-01-2004, 12:07 PM
is the "full factory reset" that you describe, the same sa going menu> settings> restore factory settings> enter security code> done" on the phone.. or do you mean actually literally pressing the SFR button in NokTool?

do they do different things?

cjard
27-01-2004, 12:16 PM
http://www.unlockme.co.uk/addresses.html

says that the eeprom addresses remained unchanged, but note that the MCU grows and the PPM shrinks... I was uploading a correctly combined MCU + PPM pair though.. so i doubt it's that.. i'll get on with those resets!

danwood76
27-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Click the SFR button as you said