PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for this question

tonycrew
27-01-2004, 09:18 PM
I kow its been asked a million times and i have searched and read all the posts. But there must be something i'm missing.

I connect my NGage to my PC with the USB cable.
Now if there's a Game in the NGage windows makes a noise on connection. But no other Drives appear unless i have the snowboarding game in the i can see all the files for the game, but not see the phones directories.

All i want to do is put Java games onto the phone and maybe some tones.

i read alot about put the game into c:\nokia\install
Is that a folder on my PC...? Cause when i do that and on the phone goto Extras\Apps\ it says there is nothing to install..?

Please Please any help as this is TWISTING MY MELON and i been to 3 million sites and no-one can help..? weired but there you go.

typiod
27-01-2004, 09:38 PM
I kow its been asked a million times and i have searched and read all the posts. But there must be something i'm missing.

I connect my NGage to my PC with the USB cable.
Now if there's a Game in the NGage windows makes a noise on connection. But no other Drives appear unless i have the snowboarding game in the i can see all the files for the game, but not see the phones directories.

All i want to do is put Java games onto the phone and maybe some tones.

i read alot about put the game into c:\nokia\install
Is that a folder on my PC...? Cause when i do that and on the phone goto Extras\Apps\ it says there is nothing to install..?

Please Please any help as this is TWISTING MY MELON and i been to 3 million sites and no-one can help..? weired but there you go.
the usb cable is for transfering apps games etc to the memory card inside your n-gage, so to transfer a java game from your comp to the phone you must first have enough space on your mmc, choose game you want to transfer right click and choose send to then chose the mmc which will be something like local disk f (depending on how many drives your comp has) once the game has transfered to mmc use fexplorer to find it, which will be on e drive then highlight the game goto options then open file and theapplications menu will pop up install game, then when you want to play it goto applications and there it will be, or if you have bt on your comp send the game file to the phone that way and the game will end up in your messages folder on the phone you can then install it from there.

tonycrew
27-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanx So i put it on the Mem Card or Game Card as long as there is enough memory,

Right the next bit...?

Do i have to install a file explorer onto the Nokia..? as i can't see opne any where..?

Thanx :)

I only have BT Broadband..

typiod
27-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanx So i put it on the Mem Card or Game Card as long as there is enough memory,

Right the next bit...?

Do i have to install a file explorer onto the Nokia..? as i can't see opne any where..?

Thanx :)

I only have BT Broadband..
fist bits right then you need to get the program fexplorer, if youve got wap set up goto www.wapjam.co.uk you can download it there.

tonycrew
27-01-2004, 10:10 PM
It's ok thanx i done it now using Handyfile demo :)

typiod
27-01-2004, 10:16 PM
It's ok thanx i done it now using Handyfile demo :)
thats ok then but get yourself a copy of fexplorer or selecq as these are freeware.

tonycrew
27-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Ok thankyou very much i will search for these :)

tzeonn
28-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Ok thankyou very much i will search for these :)

well, do a search on tis site for fexplorer:

http://my-symbian.com/7650/download/index.php

seleq aint freeware, hehe.