PDA

View Full Version : 3310 keeps turning off

regenterdog
28-01-2004, 05:42 PM
My 3310 keeps turning off at any time doing any action there is no pattern Ive replaced the battery and I know the battery is good as its fine on other 3310s.

julzboy
29-01-2004, 05:59 AM
My 3310 keeps turning off at any time doing any action there is no pattern Ive replaced the battery and I know the battery is good as its fine on other 3310s.

try updating the FAID.

regenterdog
29-01-2004, 06:42 PM
try updating the FAID.
im sorry but what is the Faid?

cjard
30-01-2004, 06:30 PM
its a number inside the phone that must be updated whena new version of software is flashed onto the phone, supposed to make it so only authorised nokia service centres can flash a phone.

the symptoms you describe are typical of a phone that hasnt had it's FAID updated after a flash, but if you havent flashed your phone recently, it might still help to update teh FAID, if the software became corrupt somehow

else, it might be a hardware problem..

to update teh FAID you need an MBUS cable. i bought mine for 5 pounds froma local computer shop. as a nokia free member you may be entitled to discount at ucables.com
here is the ucables.com page for the relevant cable:
http://ucables.com/orders/product.php?cable=NK-33

you may be able to find it cheaper than that..

cjard
30-01-2004, 06:32 PM
you may be able to find it cheaper than that..

BUT, if you buy from ucables, then the purchase price includes membership to ucables, and they have a LARGE selection of softwares top download which will save you MUCH hassle of finding it yourself on the net.. trust me, its a pain in the ass, trying to get version XYZ of nokia 3310 MCU with PPM whatever...