PDA

View Full Version : 5510 modding report

vikingboy
01-02-2004, 11:18 AM
@g3gg0
@krisha
@[yaK]
@everyone else who cares to know

i recently modded my 5510 with the help of g3n0lite 2.0... and here are the results..
i patched a clean 5510 mcu+ppm with netgraph,slideshow,invert lcd,fade led,rhythmic led,vibra controls, intro, virus,and create 5e0 func.
used the settings for new 3310 with safeRAM as 00100014
--netgraph patched perfectly but it keeps showing the graph and doesn't exit from it on pressing any button... i have to restart phone to exit.. shows the "(c) by g3gg0" msg on pressing power button only... same for both the graphs.
--slideshow patched ok but it moves very fast
--invert lcd works perfectly
--fade led works perfectly
--rhythmic led works perfectly with keypad & lcd lights blinking separately
--vibra controls work perfectly
--intro works perfectly (although moves fast)
--virus patch doesnt work.. shows some other submenu
--all 5e0 functions work perfectly

after this i patched it with minutebeep,clock,dataviewer,true7barsB,guard,spymode,shortkey_main, fastwatch,fastinvert, fastspy, and fix_5e0 (all .gsc)
in that order...
--minutebeep works perfectly (although i modified it to vibrate at 55 sec:))
--clock patches ok with new 3310 settings and safeRAM 00100014 but never shows up in phone (after setting all options and setting clock)
--dataviewer sometimes shows the initial screen but doesnt respond to any keypress
--true7barsB works perfectly
--guard patches perfectly & inbox on opening asks sec. code but after entering sec. code inbox doesnt opens... leads to a blank screen with "ok" button
also on entering settings menu of inbox guard, phone hangs (of course i configured the script first)
--fastinvert doesn't work although invert from menu works... (maybe 5510 doesnt support shortkeys)
--spymode also doesn't work thru fastspy (is there a way to call it from menu?)
--fastwatch also doesn't show up inspite of proper configuration of script
--fix_5e0 works perfectly and all new menus show done screen and remain at their position:)

after this i edited some of my text ID's to use in new menus and proceeded as told by [yak] in menu_strings_from_ppm.gsc...
bingo.. my menus now respond to language change thanx to [yak]

also tried to embed MadOS but no success:(
in mados_startup.gsc....

[SCRIPT]
5E0: 5E0_space = 10
#
# 3330 should be:
#
#CLC: MADos_startup = 0x00200000 + 0x00290041
#
#
CLC: MADos_startup = 0x00000000 + 0x00140040
A5E: foo = MADos_startup

changed 00140040 to correspond to starting offset of mados but executing the menu function leads to another submenu in phone... not to mados.
i think madOS is only for 3310:(

PLEASE NOTE: i applied all the above patches to my 3310 also and they all work perfectly except for guard inbox/outbox by yak which gives same result as in 5510

also some questions..
1) how can i edit a submenu whose 5e0 ID i know but which doesn't appear in g3n0lite "read menustructure"... for example the "in call" menu which has hold,mute,phonebook,send DTMF etc.
i want to add some entries to this menu.
2) how can i call a 5e0 function (already present in phone) thru shortcut keys like
e.g. fastspy..
its not working in 5510 but maybe for 3310, is there a script which can take 5e0 ID as input and create the shortcut?

thanx for your time

vikas
Learn from the mistakes of others... you can't live long enough to make them all yourselves!!

fresh_LV
01-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Another q about modding... Is here possible to make 5510>3330. There ir one 5510 with hardware failure in mp3 part, if i write 3330 flash into 5510,then all is ok,but there isn`t working any button...

BOEBOE
01-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Did you try a standalone MADos for your 5510?

1) Don't know, very hard to do

2) You mean shortcuts like *+1?

vikingboy
03-02-2004, 09:04 AM
@boeboe

i tried the same "madOS embedded" that i used to embed mados in my 3310... so its not the standalone one.. i suppose i have to specially compile it for 5510.. isn't it so?

and yeah, by shortcuts i meant the same *+1 types ... like used in fastinvert and fastspy patches.. the "shortkeys" :)

it would be fun to assign all the keys to different functions.. :lol:

thanx for ur reply

vikas

BOEBOE
03-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Try 3330 MADos

No, not possible yet, ask Yak to make a gsc :p

Czepek
28-06-2004, 08:22 PM
lol where can i get this flah for the 5510 up there :-P ???