PDA

View Full Version : Symbian Themes

j2k
01-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Symbian Themes is a site which features pages helping you to make your phone unique. If you are lucky enough to own a Nokia 6600, you will find a place to post your themes, as well as a collection of themes to download. If not, and instead you own a Nokia 7650, 3650 or N-Gage, soon you will be able to use the site to customise your phone. Keep reading for more details. It's in 'beta' phase, so only the Themes bit works, but it at least allows you 6600 users to upload/download/share your themes, and gives everyone else a taste of what's to come.

For 6600 users:

For you, the site provides a resource to upload/download themes. The theme upload process is straightforward, and once you have uploaded a theme, it becomes available INSTANTLY for download - no manual user checking necessary, like other sites. This means there is no waiting, as your theme will be made available to all the site visitors straight away, and there is no registration required to upload or download. So now there's no excuse for you not to share your themes, as I am providing the web space to upload your themes. Don't worry - although no user physically checks to ensure your theme is valid and is not corrupt, the Symbian Themes web site features technology to do this automatically, checking that the theme does exist and is not malware.

For 7650, 3650 and N-Gage users:

The site will provide more than just themes though. If you have a 7650, 3650 or N-Gage, you too can take advantage of Symbian Themes. You cannot (at present) take advantage of the themes available for the 6600, but you will not be missed out. Although this service is not currently available (after all, the site has only just launched and is still 'beta'), eventually, if you have a Nokia 7650, 3650 or N-Gage mobile phone, you will be able to download new wallpapers, operator logos, SmartLauncher skins, and for the first time ever - new icon packs to replace the default Series 60 icons.

Coming soon after launch will be the 'Themerizer' - a tool used to extract the wallpaper, icons, operator logos and more from Nokia 6600 themes, and creates a new 'mini-theme' for the 7650, 3650 or N-Gage. It won't be as detailed as a real 6600 theme, but I hope it will provide more customisation for your phones, without the need to upgrade to a 6600. You can also optionally add a SmartLauncher skin as well, and create it into an easy-to-install SIS file.

Each file uploaded to Symbian Themes features a download counter to see how many times a file has been downloaded, as well as a rating system so people can vote on your theme. Finally, a comment system is currently in the works to provide feedback for your creation. The themes are zip-compressed, so you'll need a tool like WinZip to download them.

I am providing this service to you for free with no banner ads, annoying pop-ups or registration requirements. It has taken weeks of non-stop work to get this site ready for you to use. As such, it is a non-profit site and I've simply created this site to help the Symbian community. Please use it, but do not abuse it.

Of course, as the site has only just launched, there are no themes currently available through it - so now is your ideal time to start uploading :)

One stipulation though - no adult content themes please. My host has a very strict policy on this, so I don't want the site getting shut down. If you do see an adult theme on the site, please do send me an e-mail ([email protected]) - thanks. :)

It is a 'beta' site so if you encounter any problems please fire off an e-mail to me at the above address.

Cheers - and enjoy!

http://themes.symbian-world.com/

P.S. The site looks best in resolutions of 1024x768 or higher. Below that and you get nasty horizontal scroll bars.

TwisTeD_MinD
01-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Nice!...every1 will be waiting for this...but when will be this "Themerizer" be available?

j2k
01-02-2004, 10:23 PM
At the moment, Icon Changer is being worked on. Once that is finished, full work will begin on the Themerizer, so at the moment I can't give a deadline.

I hope it'll be worth the wait! :)

The site is getting lots of hits, but only 1 upload so far :(

TwisTeD_MinD
01-02-2004, 10:40 PM
oh ok tnx...yup it will be worth to wait for! :smile:

BuLLDoGG
02-02-2004, 12:15 AM
nice concept m8! don't forget 7650, 3650 n N-Gage users!

j2k
02-02-2004, 01:02 AM
You guys certainly won't be forgotten! :)

Looks like 6600 users are 'forgetting' to upload themes though :( 100 page views in 4 hours and only 1 theme upload.

C'est la vie...

Inter Milan
05-02-2004, 03:15 AM
j2k dont worry ..give time and ur site will b rockin it ..trust me all u need 2 do is just get therma file goin on ..3650,7650, and n gage users r younger and mroe into themes and all cuz they probably own 1 ..cuz its cheaper ...then the 6600 but im sure as soon as u get dat program ull just rock it

thebpc
06-02-2004, 02:22 AM
How can we create our own Themes I have some cool Ideas.
So Far I have managed to only chage the main Walpaper and operators logo
and mix them pretty nice, but creating a single image and changing the Clock, and various indicators are out of my reach at the moment.

3650 Rocks

j2k
19-03-2004, 03:30 AM
Hi,

Site URL moved now to http://www.symbianthemes.com/

Cheers

nk_au
06-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Chilling. Nice, very nice ...

Good luck on the Themerizer ...

pelurusilver
07-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Hi,

Site URL moved now to http://www.symbianthemes.com/

Cheers

i'm using 3650 and how i'm going to use theme from www.symbianthemes.com for my phone?

tzeonn
08-05-2004, 03:55 PM
u cant use themes on 3650. themes are only for 6600/7610/6620. (the symbian os 7.0 fones)

dark-ilong
09-05-2004, 01:22 PM
hope the themerizer will be out soon

BuLLDoGG
09-05-2004, 03:08 PM
i'm using 3650 and how i'm going to use theme from www.symbianthemes.com for my phone?

u can't do that, but if u want to chage interface in ur phone that install skineditor, smart launcher and smartlauncher files, u can find all that in aivanet.com

whitey420
10-05-2004, 03:58 PM
fucking nice, thanks!

pelurusilver
11-05-2004, 07:16 AM
u can't do that, but if u want to chage interface in ur phone that install skineditor, smart launcher and smartlauncher files, u can find all that in aivanet.com

thank bro. but i heard that any app installed that changed the layout of the phone will be harmfull sometimes. since my firmware is still v2.50. hope themerizer will be out soon. j2k, work it out bro. everybody count on you. theres nothing for $10 compare to the technology we get.

j2k
01-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Wallpapers section of the site is now active. :)

nk_au
01-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Very nice! I've posted my favourite babe wallpaper on there already :D