PDA

View Full Version : format simcard

NokiaPhreak
02-09-2002, 05:30 AM
What is the diffirent between silver and gold card? which card can store more then one provider?

Does anyone know how can i reformat a simcard, so it can be haveing more sms room?

Thanks you.

KnOeFz
02-09-2002, 06:08 AM
goldcard has less memory that silvercard.

Goldcard can store 2 providers, 1 sms and about 20 names... Silvercard lets you store 8 providers, about 125 names and 40 sms. With silvercard you can also make different configurations... more names, less sms and things like that. Silvercard also works in lots of phonebrands and goldcards only in Nokia's.

It's not possible to reconfigure your existing sim (as far as I know).

-=K=-

nase ck
02-09-2002, 07:07 AM
hi there! i think u can not refomat your existing card coz they protected by flag or fuse. but u can with gold card, silver card green card or funcard. i already have 4 numbers in one card with silvercar sim emu ver 4.10. and as far as i know now u can user funcard with sim emu ver.5...tq

ps. don't scan your sim comp128 v2 :) :D

NokiaPhreak
02-09-2002, 09:54 AM
Where can i found simemu, can simenu reconfigure the card i brought from ucables.com, which can store up to 8 provider.

can post a link to download, thanks you.

KnOeFz
02-09-2002, 10:01 PM
@Nokiaphreak

Simemu website (http://www.simemu.com/)
Simemu 4.10 english Manual (http://alf.di.fct.unl.pt/simemu/) by Alf

I'n not 100% sure you can use it with the ucables cards, but I thought the were just partly programmed silvercards...

I also know sim emu is somehow involved in this...

Version 5 is not released yet but will be in a few days

-=K=-

nase ck
03-09-2002, 04:51 AM
if u bought from ucable.com i think it is silvercard. and in that card u already have sim emu ver 4.10...tq

NokiaPhreak
03-09-2002, 05:48 AM
what hardware i need in order to use simenu? where can i find i or do there have any circuit i can build one?

can sim master work with simenu??

Thanks you.

KnOeFz
03-09-2002, 06:14 AM
doesn't ucables give suppurt? They're not cheap so I think you should contact them for support... I thought any phoenix interface was enought for the ucables cards but again I'm not sure.

-=K=-

Manipulator
03-09-2002, 09:37 AM
i think it is posible to reformat the sim to get more phone book and less sms.