PDA

View Full Version : 7250i Standard "ring ring"

iridium
06-02-2004, 01:32 PM
I have just got a 7250i, I just want a few ordinary everyday ring-ring type tones, as there are none included with this phone, any ideas?

I found and paid for a True Tone, but when I followed the link sent to my phone I was presented with format not supported?

If I have ringtones on my hard disk is there any way I can send them as an attachment to a message directly to my phone, or do I need to connect the phone to the computer.

apostol
06-02-2004, 02:28 PM
you might be able to send them via a mms msg from o2 home page? if you cant you could quckly make a wap page on there sight then down load the tones you put there, but the easyest way is to get an ir cabe and sen from you pc to phone via ir :)

iridium
07-02-2004, 12:13 PM
I have just got a 7250i, I just want a few ordinary everyday ring-ring type tones, as there are none included with this phone, any ideas?

I found and paid for a True Tone, but when I followed the link sent to my phone I was presented with format not supported?

If I have ringtones on my hard disk is there any way I can send them as an attachment to a message directly to my phone, or do I need to connect the phone to the computer.

Well after trawling the web for answers I have found the solution. Mainly from a thread on this site. To download a ringtone from hard disk to 7250i this is how I did it. I found an Old phone type midi file and saved it to my own website. Then on my phone I selected Services, Download Links, Tone Downloads, Options, New Download Link, Enter Address, here I put in the web addrress of the ringtone and named and saved it.
Then back to Services, Download Link, Tone Downloads and selected the name I had given the link above, the phone phone found the tone and automatically downloaded it, then I just saved it to Tones. Works fine.

selim
16-02-2004, 11:38 PM
http://www.jhonny.org/wap/ <<< lets you upload midi files from your hard drive to the website which you just d/l off the wap on your phone. Is prob a bit expensive for all you people who have to pay for ur wap :)