PDA

View Full Version : Help WinDLS a How-To guide PLEASE

cprafferty
03-09-2002, 01:36 AM
Hi my dongle arrived today and it came with WinDLS 2.7 I can read my phones info just find but when it comes to flashing a phone it says it cannot find file for this phone please install pack. I have the packs for the phones BUT I don't know where to put them so the program finds them.

Please help ME.

KnOeFz
03-09-2002, 06:11 AM
install flashfiles in wintesla folders...

like c:\wintesla\nse...
etc.
You need dejanbox !

-=K=-

cprafferty
03-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Hi and thanks KnOeFz

The program now finds the files (its the free 2.7 version) but when I go to flash a phone it comes up error setting flash mode

could this be because I am using winxp or another problem

cprafferty
03-09-2002, 12:11 PM
Hi and thanks KnOeFz

The program now finds the files (its the free 2.7 version but the 3.5 version also reads the phone as well) but when I go to flash a phone it comes up error setting flash mode

could this be because I am using winxp or another problem

I got the stuff from http://www.gadgets-galore.net/unlocking/unlocking.htm

its the product called Nokia Unlocking - Firmware and language dongle

I only got this instead of an normal flash cable because it was on 50% off listed price.

KnOeFz
03-09-2002, 05:40 PM
ok,

The product you have is the dejan box. I use it with win2k but I need to use USERPORT program to get thing running properly. I suggest you do the same with winxp. It's easy to find with google.

-=K=-

cprafferty
03-09-2002, 09:49 PM
Already got that installed with the right config but the error message still comes up. Does anybody know why is is happening.

cprafferty
03-09-2002, 09:49 PM
Already got that installed with the right config but the error message still comes up. Does anybody know why is is happening.

@KnOeFz thanks for your help so far

DJVASTVASTY2K
04-09-2002, 12:33 AM
Hello M8's

@CpRafferty

Try Running Windows Xp In Win 98 Mode.

Best Regards

Adam Rest

Vast Gsm Team

cprafferty
05-09-2002, 10:20 PM
Hi all

Well the saga continues

Ok Complete opened all ports in USER port (000 - 3FF) for both accesses and that didn't help

Set compatibilty mode to win98/me and win95

still reads the info as before

still doesn't flash

went to a mates huse who's got win 98 installed

still reads te info as before

but

IT STILL DOESN'T FLASH

so its driving me mad it makes no sense parts of the program work and others don't

I mean it fixed my problem (couldn't save voice tags kept giving my Voice System Error) with my 5210.

but can't flash with it.

I am just fed-up with it and I am going to send it back and get a "Normal" flasher cable.

Just one question what does this dongle kit have over a normal flasher cable??

Thanks for answers

KnOeFz
05-09-2002, 10:36 PM
Just one question what does this dongle kit have over a normal flasher cable??

it has the faid algorithm inside the pic.
it works with easy to use soft like windls and winddp.

-=K=-

DJVASTVASTY2K
06-09-2002, 04:03 PM
Hello M8's

@CpRafferty

I Think I Know Your Problem.

What Hardware Device Have You Got ??

WinDls ??
Win Ddp ??
Dejan Box ??
Dejan Box Dongle Clip ??

Best Regards

Adam Rest

Vast Gsm Team

cprafferty
07-09-2002, 12:55 AM
OK Vasty

I have Windls

and the dongle clip that has a 25 pin connecor to the lpt port and a 9 pin out to the cable a pic of it can be found here (http://www.gadgets-galore.net/Unlocking/a_NOK20Dongle-1.jpg)

hope this helps

DJVASTVASTY2K
09-09-2002, 07:32 AM
Hello M8's

@CpRafferty

Ok We Have Now Established You Have Dejan V1.02 Dongle Clip.
When You Click On [Quick Flash] Or [Flash Dead Phone] Or [Upgrade/DownGrade] Look @ Status Of Programme So When It Says Powering Off, You Have To Do Same On Phone. When Says Powering On You Have To Do Same And Power On Phone Manually

You Have To Do This Very Very Quickly.....!!!!!!

So When You Click Flash And It Says In Status Of WinDls Powering Off, Quickly Power Off, And When It Says Powering On You Have To Quickly Power On.

YOU HAVE TO DO THIS @ SAME TIME...!!

TIMEING HAS TO BE ACCURATE AND THE SAME SO When It Says Powering Off You Press Power Off On Phone. And When It Says Powering On You Have Power On At The Same Time Then It Will Work...!!!

Keep On Trying This Over And Over Again..!!
Once You Get Used To It You Will Be Pro @ It

I Can Do It Once Only, I Have The Quick Fingers To The Power Button On Phone.... Keep Trying Friend And You Will Make It... :)

Good Luck Freind :)

Best Regards

Adam Rest

Vast Gsm Team

cprafferty
10-09-2002, 11:35 PM
Hi all I GOT THE BLOODY THING TO WORK

ok first off @Vasty I did as you say but it don't work

BUT

in the device manager for the LPT port there is an option on weather it should use interupts it was set to no it now set to yes

and it WORKS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

once again thanks to all that have helped.

I am going to make a PDF guide for this and send it to the place I got the cables (and post it here) from so if anybody else has some tip for other versions of Windows please let me know

DJVASTVASTY2K
14-09-2002, 12:01 PM
Hello M8's

@CpRafferty

No Problem M8 ;)
Glad We Could Help ;)

Best Regards

Adam Rest

Vast Gsm Team

freak
27-09-2002, 02:56 PM
try to click all flash file go to properties and try to change the read only to archive.... dont need any modificationm to your computer....