PDA

View Full Version : No keypad or lights?

Shidoshi
03-09-2002, 03:27 AM
Hmm...

I just changed the housing on a V50 and when I put everything in it's place and turned it on I realised that the vibra motor worked, but I had no ilumination on the LCD (backlights or whatever you call it) and the keypad didn't work either except for the power button... any solutions as to what I could of done wrong? Ohh, and maybe the buzzer thingie with the sound doens't work either... I would appreciate a quick solution.

Thanks,
-Dave

Shidoshi
03-09-2002, 04:49 AM
Hmm...

I... was fiddling around with the phone while checking the forum for some answers and when I realise it the backlights came on, but the keypad still didn't work...

Now seems like the little magnet in the flip top part is loose and the LCD doesn't work at all... could the LCD have ruined something? Why the heck is there a magnet in a phone anyway? I thought these sort of things were 'alergic' to magnets :(

Could the LCD be dead?

Thanks,
-Dave

markchee
05-09-2002, 07:55 PM
Hi,Dave it me MarkChee

Your problems may be the volumes 'control buttom'etc. being contacted(or being press accidentaly) when you try to fix back the phone.Try to 'power on' the set without the housing or casing,but remember to fix the LCD display,so you can see is it working.

Regards
mark:)

Shidoshi
06-09-2002, 12:26 AM
Hmm...

Thanks for that sugestion MarkChee ;)

I tried that but it didn't work :(
If I had tried that before when the backlight were comming on maybe it would of worked but now that the LCD wont even turn on I guess it didn't :(

I'm assuming I'll have to buy a new LCD unless I'm advised otherwise or someone has any other sugestions :)

Thanks,
-Dave