PDA

View Full Version : unlock nokiam 7600

harry19
12-02-2004, 01:06 AM
hi
Could someone send me software or tell me how to unlock my Nokia 7600 plz....im in london and its locked to 3G i wanna unlock it to all networks....
plz help
harry

Cosmictej
17-02-2004, 05:55 PM
M8, well it can be unlocked, using Unqiues calc, you need to use type asic 7 on the calc.

AVICENNE
29-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Use UFS2 Tornado or Griffin
Tested 100%

Cosmictej
29-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Yea you could use that but the cheapest way which is free is download uniques calc, and just unlock it like that use asic 7 and the last code,a nd 100%guarenteed to work! :)

sammyc1974
15-04-2004, 01:24 AM
I tried the calc it unlocks my phone but the signal comes and goes is there anything else i can do, the only connection i have is through the connection cable that came with the phone, :-?

Cosmictej
15-04-2004, 01:53 AM
The problem with these phones lie in the fact that all the other networks except o2 have switched on their 3g network service,
but only for trial purposes, however because the 7600 detects a 3g signal from these providers it tries to log on to it,
but normal 2g sims are barred from the service meaning it has no signal.

If you look in your manual, (only seen a carphone warehouse one), you will see that there is a menu item under
settings/phone settings called "Network Mode".
You will not find this on your handset as it has been hidden.

It would seem that only the carphone warehouse 7600's have the menu hidden.
It is easily sorted but does need a griffin box or similar to do a hardware reset.

Most Markets have a stall that deal in phone unlocking,
just ask them to do a hardware reset, cost aprox £10 - £15, (most professional
unlockers now know the problems with the CPW 7600's and will know what needs to be done).
After this you will see that the menu has been restructured.

Please note:...After this reset you will lose any personal settings, ie:.......... ring tones, phone No's, wallpaper, games etc. To save them,
either save them to your pc or ask the guy who does the reset to do a backup which he probably whould anyway, but just remind him )

If you still have trouble getting a good signal on 2g network, keying in *3370# changes the audio codec and will improve signal performance.

*3370# - Enchanced full Rate Codec (EFR) activation. It will automatically restart.

*4720# - Half Rate Codec activation. It will automatically restart.

Enchanced Full Rate will give you much better sound quality when you enable it. The new Enhanced Full Rate CODEC adopted by GSM uses the ASELP
(AlgebraicCode Excitation Linear Prediction) compression technology. This technology allows for much great voice quality in the same number of bits
as the older Full Rate CODEC. The older technology was called LPC-RPE (Linear Prediction Coding with Regular Pulse Excitation).
Both operate at 13 kilobits.(but you take up more space on the network, so they can charge you more) - Talk-time is reduced with about 5%

A quote from another 7600 user which I haven't had chance to thank or verify..........

"When you have the network menu you can set it to 2G only which will fix the problem.I forgot the screen number or name but....
if you find it select it and it will ask for a number,
0 is normal operation, 1 is GSM only and 2 is UMTS only. After that it will reset". ( I pressume you need to enter 1 if you dont want to use your 3g sim at all)

Also it is reported, those using their 7600 on O2 dont have hardly any problem.
And a lot of T-Mobile users have reported to be unaffected

The 7600 is still a reasonably new phone and I am certain that very soon there will be a way to reset the menu structure without the need
for a griffin box.

I have copied this post of someone esles post at my forum www.xtreme-mobile.co.uk