PDA

View Full Version : 6310i v5.51

chaoz
17-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Hey. I have in my possession a 6310i, which is sim locked. I have tried both the DCT4calc codes, but unsuccessfully with the result the dreaded 'cannot undo restriction' is now showing. Also have an unlock cable which, having been tried with every DCT4 program on the internet, including the JIC unlocker refuses to do the job. The phone goes into test mode, and after having finished writing simlock it gives me the information 'simlock rebuild failed'. I have tried both FBus and MBus cables, usually the programs say unlock completed successfully, but it hasn't been.
Having read the info on the problems unlocking v5.10 on the 6310i, due to the simlock improvement, i assume this is what is causing the problems i am having with v5.51. My question is, is it possible to flash a phone running this version of software with an unlocked v5.51 flash file, or a lower version which supports cable unlock ? Can this be done with one of the cheap DCT4 flasher dongles, or does it require griffin etc ? Will this result in bluetooth cock-ups or somethin similar.

Cheers, michael.