PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Nokia FREE Archieve closed?

awyeahs
18-02-2004, 12:36 PM
#1) Why is the free NOKIA Archeive closed?

#2) If it is closed due to the fact that, people to illegal password cracking and serials trading for the 3rd party softwares, you should ban the people who do it, rather than close the whole board??

#3) If you have closed it, why can people still access it and d/l serials and cracks like I did?

#4) What is the purpose to keep a closed board... which no one can access, just view? Whats the use to putting it there?? Why dont you just delete it if nobody can post. After all forums means to discussion and open posts. If posts are closed the topic and the board for it should be deleted, kthx.

#4) Even if people crack and trade serials, is to too much to ask, when you buy a $600 dollar communicator like I have??

Yotamz
18-02-2004, 09:19 PM
the archive is closed due to one reason - it is archive.

at the beginning, nfree had mixed sections, like all 3xxx phones, dct2,3,4 where in one section - together. so we made a re-organisation, and changed the forum structure, but we didn't want to delete all the old posts, so we put them in an archive section, for read-only.
if you want to post - use the section that matches your subject, like dct3 3xxx, or dct4 3xxx for example.

about the "free" - it is not that the "free" section is closed, nokiafree is the site name (nokia flash reverse electronic engineering). you can still find free stuff in the forum.
about illegal stuff - we do delete the files and posts, and sometimes we do ban the people posting them.

--edit--
another thing, i know that you want free stuff when you buy an expensive mobile phone, i want too, but the people who create this software work hard for making them, and it's their right to sell them for money. besides that, you can say that about everything, why would i pay for calls when i buy the phone? why would i pay for internet service when i have the phone line (or cable) and a computer?

last words: i don't have any problem with people who crack software, but since it is illegal, and can get nokiafree and its administration in trouble, i will only say that - no illegal files in the forum - period.

alexmae
19-02-2004, 10:26 AM
I agree with you yotamz :smile:

FU_Too
19-02-2004, 06:00 PM
another thing, i know that you want free stuff when you buy an expensive mobile phone, i want too, but the people who create this software work hard for making them, and it's their right to sell them for money. besides that, you can say that about everything, why would i pay for calls when i buy the phone? why would i pay for internet service when i have the phone line (or cable) and a computer?

last words: i don't have any problem with people who crack software, but since it is illegal, and can get nokiafree and its administration in trouble, i will only say that - no illegal files in the forum - period.

Good point, Well presented

danwood76
19-02-2004, 06:55 PM
I agree with you yotamz :smile:

Not much to agree about as they are the facts ;)

Well said Yotamz

regards,
Danny

awyeahs
20-02-2004, 02:50 AM
As for related to the free stuff Mr. Moderator.
I just wanted to clear out that, yes I know piracy is common
and people would consider to crack software using serial keys
on the web rather than purchasing the software.

This is mainly due to the fact that there are many sources
around the web which have access and so probobaly people
go for it, like there hunderds of yahoo groups for my nokia
communicator, symbian OS and 3rd party OS cracks and serials.

This is what mostly happens in other forums:
People join forums mostly and start asking... hi guys I just bought
a new 9210 communicatior, i need software cracks for bla, bla, bla,
bla, bla and bla. please send me the ones.. and help your new user!

As for the administration in trouble.
We should stand up for what we do. I do.
If somebody threatens your forum or service, you should give an
effective imediate reply instantly. I have taken many sites down and let people know what I can do, so better not mess with me. I guess you can imply the same cause as well.

You guys should standup for your forum.
It is the best forum around, even from the discussion.forum.nokia.com.
No one posts replies there... and views also zero. I have posted like 5-6
in threads in the bulk/busy section of the froums....and no replies!

Let us do what we want to do.
If you interfere, you will never been seen again.

Something like that, heh.

·awyeah·

danwood76
20-02-2004, 08:34 AM
We do ban and have banned quite a few people for posting warez and stuff like that :-P

So anybody reading this, remember read the rules before posting!

regards,
Danny

Alinus
20-02-2004, 10:21 AM
the acces for information is and must be free.

we cannot forbid our members to ask information about warez. but we can and we are disscourageing this practice.

as far ar we can we try control this phenomenon on the forum.

so...yes people who post warez directly on our forum do get banned if we caught them

can u explain more of this?
>>>>I have taken many sites down and let people know what I can do, so better not mess with me. I guess you can imply the same cause as well.

i really don;t see your point.

awyeahs
20-02-2004, 10:56 AM
This is in reply to Yotamz words:

>>>> I have taken many sites down and let people know what I can do, so better not mess with me. I guess you can imply the same cause as well.

===> last words: i don't have any problem with people who crack software, but since it is illegal, and can get nokiafree and its administration in trouble, i will only say that - no illegal files in the forum - period.

----

Yotamz meant that people who crack software, can get you in trouble because software companies would think you, the FORUM administrators and people using them are helping to crack our serials and password.

My reply to this earlier as I posted was:

As for the administration in trouble.
We should stand up for what we do. I do.
If somebody threatens your forum or service, you should give an
effective imediate reply instantly. I have taken many sites down and let people know what I can do, so better not mess with me. I guess you can imply the same cause as well.

You guys should standup for your forum.
It is the best forum around, even from the discussion.forum.nokia.com.
No one posts replies there... and views also zero. I have posted like 5-6
in threads in the bulk/busy section of the froums....and no replies!

Let us do what we want to do.
If you interfere, you will never been seen again.

-----

Meaning you should not be afraid by the software companies... and you administration will not get in trouble just stand up for yourselves! :)

·awyeah·

NokDoc
20-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Hi,

>> No one posts replies there...

I've been reading some, to me it's quite obvious why.

Get a phone and try to chat about the more usefull things.

NokDoc

huecobros
21-02-2004, 03:10 AM
archives are just that