PDA

View Full Version : unlocked strange behaviour

dale_hopkinson
21-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi.

I have a Nokia 3510i locked to UK Orange.

Code 1 did not work, but code 2 gave the message that the restriction was lifted, and turned off.

Now when i put a different network sim card in, the phone says that it is restricted and asks for the code. When i enter, it says phone restriction already off. that is as far as the phone will boot.

If i put an orange sim card in, the phone boots fine but there is no network coverage ever.

can somebody please advise me here?

(ps. the phone was a contract phone, that contract finnished and its sim card cancelled. is it possible that the network locked the phone also?)

thanks a lot in advanced,
Dale

Yotamz
21-02-2004, 12:35 AM
well.. this is indeed strange..

try entering code 7, multilock code.

about the simcard - you have no network coverge because, as you said, the simcard is cancelled, but they can't lock a phone remotely.

dale_hopkinson
21-02-2004, 04:09 AM
i tried code 7, unlike all others which said there was no restriction, this one said restriction removed!

now my o2 contract sim and tmobile p&g work fine, but the orange still wont.
soz about confusion:
i have 2 orange sim cards, 1 a cancelled contract, the other a brand new p&g.
cancelled one gives error when booting, then u get no coverage.
new one boots as normal, but no coverage. seems this new sim card is faulty!?

i tried to test by unlocking my 6600 from UK O2 contract.
all codes give code error except 6 which says not allowed:S

only other phone i have is a 3330 T-mobile, but you don't seem to do those.

thanks a lot for help so far.

jontykay
21-02-2004, 09:11 AM
I have a Nokia 7600 and have been given wrong codes by some fellow members.. i have tried these wrong codes 5 times.. can you guide me as to my options....

Jonty

browntoa
21-02-2004, 10:38 AM
I have a Nokia 7600 and have been given wrong codes by some fellow members.. i have tried these wrong codes 5 times.. can you guide me as to my options....

Jonty

not sure on these as they are brand new but normally they can be unlocked direct by cable, think you might need to take it to a shop that has a griffin box

the problem you may have had with the codes is that this is an ASIC 7 type phone and most calculators only do type 2 + 5 phones.

I have unlocked several by code with a 100% success rate so far

Yotamz
21-02-2004, 01:23 PM
i tried code 7, unlike all others which said there was no restriction, this one said restriction removed!

now my o2 contract sim and tmobile p&g work fine, but the orange still wont.
soz about confusion:
i have 2 orange sim cards, 1 a cancelled contract, the other a brand new p&g.
cancelled one gives error when booting, then u get no coverage.
new one boots as normal, but no coverage. seems this new sim card is faulty!?

i tried to test by unlocking my 6600 from UK O2 contract.
all codes give code error except 6 which says not allowed:S

only other phone i have is a 3330 T-mobile, but you don't seem to do those.

thanks a lot for help so far.

if the phone is ok, and there are no frequency diffrences, the phone may be barred at orange, for some reason, ask them if your imei is in the blacklist.

about the 6600 - what do you mean "all the codes give code error"? how many have you tried already? 5 is the maximum before you get hard-locked.

about the 3330 - the online calculator doesn't support dct3 models yet, but the software on the sticky thread here does, and it will unlock your 3330.

dale_hopkinson
21-02-2004, 02:23 PM
thanks i downloaded that program and straight away unlocked 3330.
that now also works with my 02 contract sim, but when i put either orange sim card in (including the brand new one i only just opened yesterday), it says Sim Card Registration Failed.
I think that prooves there is something wrong with the sim?

About my 6600.
The only warning the online calculator gives is
dont try to enter this codes at same unlock level more than 2 times or your phone will dead.
Therefore i naturally thought that, like Pin numbers, after 2 tries simply reset the phone.
Now it seems i have hardlocked my 6600 which I'm pretty mad about, but then not really bothered as i wasn't planning on changing its sim card anyway.
I do feel you should state this 5 nonresetable limit on the unlock page.

Yotamz
21-02-2004, 08:52 PM
the 5 tries rule is in the faq, in many members' signatures, in unlocking sites, and pretty much everywhere. i suggest that you read the faq next time before trying things.

but, at least you got your other 2 phones unlocked, so i guess the problem is not that big..

enjoy :)

dale_hopkinson
21-02-2004, 10:20 PM
yeah i guess your right.
however, i found this sight looking for unlock codes, and went straight to them without looking around.
doesn't matter anyway, I don't need to unlock the 6600 and I'm real happy about the other being unlocked (concerned how the other codes did not work though).
however, as it looks a cool site, i think ill be sticking around!

Yotamz
21-02-2004, 11:38 PM
however, as it looks a cool site, i think ill be sticking around!

welcome, and have a good time here at nokiafree :)