PDA

View Full Version : 6210 phonebook problem?

furqan56
22-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Firmware:

V 05.56
25-01-02
NPE-3
(c) NMP.

The problem is that if i select the phonebook to use phone memory, i cannot view/edit any thing. When i press the up or down button (which shud take me to the phonebook) , i get the error "Invalid selection". is this a common problem in this version of firmware?

I had forgotten the security code and took the phone to a shop. the guy said that he also upgraded my firmware to a newer version, so i am guessing this is a firmware problem and shud be resovled by another flash?? right?

july`s
22-10-2004, 08:54 AM
ok, on my 6210 (npe-3) v. 5.36 i had the same 'invalid selection' when using the phone memory trough the phone interface (scroll buttons).

but, i have make some tryings, and that`s what i have find:
1) when i try to browse the phone memory trough software, it's ok
2) when i try through phone interface (names, search) sometimes it's work and sometimes not. for example, i search entrys, which start with P and i can iebrowse them:) when i clear the P, i can browse almost all entries. but this is only true, if a have saved several phone book entries (5, 6 or more).

so i had think, there is something wrong with phone memory adresing, and decide to 'reformat' it. i have create many (500+ ) 'csv' entries, and then upload them to the phone memory (an empty phone memory), then i curiosly saw, that i can scroll through the phone memory from the phone interface:)

and the last check: erase all the fake entries, and copy the real ones:) and it's working now, no more 'invalid selection'...

p.s. the problem (invalid selection) was appearing, when a unsuccessful synchronization with old oxygen soft, was done.
when i 'reformat' the phone memory, i noticed, that 494 entries are copied to the phone memory instead of 500. i suppose, that these 6 entry are problematic.