PDA

View Full Version : Moto A835

NDI
02-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know where to get the software (if it exists yet) to unlock the motorola A835 on 3(uk)?

Also, id like to get it to play non-3 tested software, like java applications etc.

At the moment i can only run games that i've downloaded from the 3 website, which is pretty limited to choise.

Also, i'm not too sure about this, but i've herd that they charge you 25p to play the games you've downloaded.. even if its actually saved onto the phone!

Does anyone know anything about this?

GARETH197901
03-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know where to get the software (if it exists yet) to unlock the motorola A835 on 3(uk)?

Also, id like to get it to play non-3 tested software, like java applications etc.

At the moment i can only run games that i've downloaded from the 3 website, which is pretty limited to choise.

Also, i'm not too sure about this, but i've herd that they charge you 25p to play the games you've downloaded.. even if its actually saved onto the phone!

Does anyone know anything about this?

i dont know of about unlocking the moto a835,but i have used victor p2k to unlock the java app loader(which lets you put java games on your phone),the only problem is i cant find any java games for the phone so even having the ablitiy to load java games via the usb cable isnt much use without games

p.s does any1 know of any sites for java games for download for the a835

look at the forums on www.3g.co.uk for details on unlocking the java loader

NDI
04-03-2004, 05:01 AM
i dont know of about unlocking the moto a835,but i have used victor p2k to unlock the java app loader(which lets you put java games on your phone),the only problem is i cant find any java games for the phone so even having the ablitiy to load java games via the usb cable isnt much use without games

p.s does any1 know of any sites for java games for download for the a835

look at the forums on www.3g.co.uk for details on unlocking the java loader

Cheers mate :)

i'll send you some java games via email if i ever find any.. i'm looking for sman, its a bluetooth hacking tool, in java

GARETH197901
04-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Cheers mate :)

i'll send you some java games via email if i ever find any.. i'm looking for sman, its a bluetooth hacking tool, in java

THANKS A LOT,that would be good

NDI
04-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Actually.. i've got a better idea. Soon i'll have my new website set up, my business (trippie webdesign) has a hosting service, so i'm going to make a small website devoted to the motorola A835.

Soon there will be a guide on how to crack the java problem, unlock the phone, and upload java apps, games etc..

Another annoying thing: does anyone know how to set mp3's as ringtones??

Also, lets start a poll, who thinks the hands free kit that comes with the a835 (mines a pay as you go one on 3uk) is completely pants. Pants in the sence that they feel really nasty and the headphones them selves are just big.

GARETH197901
06-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Actually.. i've got a better idea. Soon i'll have my new website set up, my business (trippie webdesign) has a hosting service, so i'm going to make a small website devoted to the motorola A835.

Soon there will be a guide on how to crack the java problem, unlock the phone, and upload java apps, games etc..

Another annoying thing: does anyone know how to set mp3's as ringtones??

Also, lets start a poll, who thinks the hands free kit that comes with the a835 (mines a pay as you go one on 3uk) is completely pants. Pants in the sence that they feel really nasty and the headphones them selves are just big.

I have read on forums that mp3 ringtones are supposed to be able to be done,but no one can work out how or if they can be

plus i agree totally the headphones are too big,my headphones on my n-gage arent as big as the motorolas,but that is only a minor niggle,and i am really happy with it

we just need some good java games that dont need pay 2 play!!!

NDI
22-03-2004, 06:57 PM
http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3126

Try that, thats my thread on the 3g forums about java games.

I'm going to buy some headphones and modify the default motorola ones tomorrow, i'll post a guide on how to change them once ive done it succesfully

The phone is a good phone, some people say its the best one on three so far, i'm still pretty sceptical about that though :)

The battery life on my handset is pretty poor, but i think tahts somthing to do with the fact i have it checking email every 1 minute.

Picture quality on the camera is very good in the daylight, but as most camera's on phones, you'll get distortion if you try and use it in a dark area.

MP3's as riungtones can apparently be set in the new official motorola flash, but i doubt we'd still be able to use the 3 stuff on the phone if the official flash is on it.

Apparently you can upgrade the memory of the phone up to 256mb, but i'm still weary about that, as i cant see a place where a new mmc card could go.

Also, i dont know whether this is a phone issue or just a general bluetooth issue, but uploading mp3's to the phone (and videos etc) takes years. I had to leave it transfering overnight to upload 10 mp3's to it.