PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6610 - "Contact Service" Error

Lone
03-03-2004, 07:57 PM
I have searched quite a bit on this forum on this subject and am not able to find anythign to helpful to myself on threads on this subject other than advising to "flash" the phone and jsut to take it to a service workshop. Before taking it to a service shop I want to see if I can at least try to fix this error, plus I have looked aroudn everywhere on here on how to "flash" the 6610 or even what is involved and what I need (I am located in Australia by the way).

I might just first explain how the problem came to be.

I just simply entered the EFR (Enhanced Full Rate) code into the *3370# that I saw on the forum somewhere and it asked if I wanted to change my codec I said yes, then the phone reset and then asked about some registration code or similar. I then turned off the phone and now it just says "contact service". So I doubt there is any physical fault causing this error.

Can anyone please advise as to what would be the best way to go around fixing this problem and any url's or threads that maybe able to help me. I am hoping that it won't be too hard to fix but we will soon see.

Thanks in advance, Lee.

kf86c
03-06-2004, 04:01 AM
I have gad the same problem , what has happened is the software is corrupted. I needed to reflash the phone ( software upgrade ) and it worked o.k you do need a security dongal to do this so if you do have it take it back to Nokia