PDA

View Full Version : PIN unlock 3510

yosty
04-03-2004, 02:43 PM
I found a Nokia 3510, its in german but the phone says "blocatta" or "blokatta" when i turn it on and it wants a pin code thats 4+ digits long. The same thing happens no matter what sim card i try. How can i get this type of lock undone and is it just called a pin lock?

Thanks

FU_Too
04-03-2004, 03:21 PM
I found a Nokia 3510, its in german but the phone says "blocatta" or "blokatta" when i turn it on and it wants a pin code thats 4+ digits long. The same thing happens no matter what sim card i try. How can i get this type of lock undone and is it just called a pin lock?

Thanks are you sure its not the phone security number which is 5 digits? if it is have you tried nokia default number? :-?
If it is the phone security code then its a cable job :sad:

James Watt
12-03-2004, 11:53 PM

Thanks

Hi.

I set my 3510i to require a 4 digit PIN each time the phone is turned ON.
The Security Code of 5 digits is used to prevent a different SIM Card from being used with it.

The message "blocatta" or "blokatta" probably means the phone has been Network Blocked. That means the phone has been reported Lost, or Stolen.

Therefore it will no longer be able to be used because the unique identifier code (the IMEI Number) has been registered on the database of Lost/Stolen phones.

BTW. It is a criminal offence to tamper with, or alter the IMEI number.
The penalty for someone doing it, is up to 5 years in prison.

Best thing to do would be to hand it in to the Police Lost Property department.

Regards James Watt

djtrouble2003
17-03-2004, 05:25 PM

Thanks

Get the PUK CODE from the network your using then try it on the phone!
Or try to get your hands on the SECURITY CODE and try that! If that works go in to menu option 6 then settings option 3 then phone settings option 1 now you in the LANGUAGE OPTIONS. SELECT LANGUAGE 2! Now your phone shoud be in ENGLISH! SORRY THATS ALL THE HELP I CAN GIVE YOU! :-?

FU_Too
17-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Hi.

I set my 3510i to require a 4 digit PIN each time the phone is turned ON.
The Security Code of 5 digits is used to prevent a different SIM Card from being used with it.

The message "blocatta" or "blokatta" probably means the phone has been Network Blocked. That means the phone has been reported Lost, or Stolen.

Therefore it will no longer be able to be used because the unique identifier code (the IMEI Number) has been registered on the database of Lost/Stolen phones.

BTW. It is a criminal offence to tamper with, or alter the IMEI number.
The penalty for someone doing it, is up to 5 years in prison.

Best thing to do would be to hand it in to the Police Lost Property department.

Regards James Watt
This was already said, the 4 digit pin number is for the sim card which if locked would require puk number from network which they wont give unless youre registered And the 5 digit security code just locks the phone so if a different sim is put in it will ask for the code. So it sounds like security code for Phone NOT pin number for sim. Never seen a phone say blocked or network blocked normally says registration failed or just dont get signal.

James Watt
23-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Never seen a phone say blocked or network blocked normally says registration failed or just dont get signal.

I sometimes get a message on my phone whilst on WAP.
"Phone Restricted" when I press the key next to "OK" I get an "Enter Code" message. This requires me to enter a 4 digit restriction Code.

Therefore, methinks (reasonably) the message "Phone blocatta" means Restricted/Blocked.

The phone in question was 'found', therefore, it is reasonable that the 'rightful owner' has reported the phone lost/stolen, hence the Network has 'Blocked' the phone from unauthorised use.

Regards from James Watt