PDA

View Full Version : GX20 and Sharp Unlocker3.1

kevinn13
04-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi all

I have a customer who has a problem with unlocker.

Select GX20

Connect

App Sel

Then bar goes to 50% and crashes now phone shows **** on the display and it just resets when I try and repair?

Any Ideas?

Satch
25-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi There,

I know very little about repair on mobile phones e t c, Reason not many posts (I'M CLASSED AS A LEACH) just that I'm thick as????? anyway enough of that.
I,ve just got myself a GX20 second-hand and last night I used this software to unlock as locked to vodafone.

Hi all

I have a customer who has a problem with unlocker.

Select GX20

Connect

App Sel

Then bar goes to 50% and crashes now phone shows **** on the display and it just resets when I try and repair?

Any Ideas?

What I did was read the phone first then selected GX20 clicked on app sel it did go about 50% then phone turned off (software put it in test mode), turned back on and yeap got **** pressed app sel again as software tells you to (I Think as I don't understand lingo) got white screen with info on it the camera light flashes for 10 secs or so and it takes about a minute or so and phone turns off again I turned back on again and was unlocked. :-o :-o :-o

BEWARE After I did this I have lost all my pics video down loaded tones and games must reset the phone?

Hope this helps in your Quest

Pete :-? :-? :-?

JAC
26-03-2004, 01:06 AM
I know full well that doing a hard reset on GX series phones is not recommended. The phone battery must be fully charged and the serial cable must be plugged in at all times. Check your COM ports are default settings, along with lead connections.Always remove the sim for unlocking or flashing.If you get stuck after this, just remove the small backup battery for 30 seconds, this should clear any faults with unlocking.Do not be tempted to use GX10/i software to unlock, always select GX20,as its different interface and unlock command will confuse your phone.
Hard resets will lose your saved media such as tones etc.

Also note, the "universal" unlocking code will make your phone a pretty paper weight, it will only work again after flashing!

Myself and Crux are at present working hard to strip down a GX10/i flash to find any ways in which these flashes can be modded to give you a better choice of software.

Hope this helps,

JAC

Alinus
27-03-2004, 06:23 AM
if u try unlocking GX 20 better use griffin's CRD add on or DATA 1 clip.

is safer

anyway...process of unlocking gx20 is a little bit longer than for other sharps...so be patient

fatzaba
16-11-2004, 04:45 AM
[QUOTE=Satch]BEWARE After I did this I have lost all my pics video down loaded tones and games must reset the phone?[QUOTE]

Wish I'd read this before unlocking my phone tonight :lol:

EVERYTHING got wiped! (unlike when you unlock nokias :rolleyes:) - all settings appear to have had master reset (even original images i deleted reappeared!) ...EXCEPT. wait for it... except my sms inbox! :D

had to do the same thing... aplicar twice...

ran it once...
[didn't understand the lingo either.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT SAYS??? somethin about hope (espere) :lol:]
...it stalled somewhere near the end of process bar and a message something about 1.2 minutes appeared. the phone switched off. Then it seemed to complete but when i switched it on only had '****' on screen. :eek:

...so ran software again and it went to test screen... everything happened as before. and when i restarted the curesor took a while (probably deleting my full memory of settings, bookmarks, displays, images, mms, video/sound clips, java applications, games and ringtones i'd paid for :-x

...and then everything was fine :roll: