PDA

View Full Version : DKU-5 Cable Problem

salona
05-03-2004, 09:52 PM
I recently bought a dku-5 compatible data cable from activemobiles.com and it came with a business card type cd which has the cable drivers on it. I have tried to read the disc in 2 different drives but the disc does no want to work. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, do you know an alternative source for the drivers. I tried the original nokia dku-5 cable drivers but they don't work with this cable I bought.

farsh2002
05-03-2004, 10:42 PM
I recently bought a dku-5 compatible data cable from activemobiles.com and it came with a business card type cd which has the cable drivers on it. I have tried to read the disc in 2 different drives but the disc does no want to work. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, do you know an alternative source for the drivers. I tried the original nokia dku-5 cable drivers but they don't work with this cable I bought.

Hi!
Try to find driver with Google search in web. I think it will not be very big size to download.

GoodLuck!

;)

rigor999
17-04-2004, 10:22 PM
the cable i got off ebay uses the prolific USB->COM driver.

it's not a true dku-5 it actually maps com3 -> cable.

So i pick serial, com3 then connect.

not as graceful (trust me) as a real cable, but cheap.

if you need the prolific driver (dunno if you bought same card, aim me: rigoroni)

tom_ch66
30-04-2004, 07:01 PM

hi! i alot got a dku-5 cable and i got the drives if you want i can put them on a ftp for you? i run it with nokia pc suite and it works fine.... the connector at the bottom of the phone wont work to good though with dku-5 alot of dust and things get stuck there

farsh2002
01-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Hi!
I think salona don't need it now, maybe because He asked about this soft
05-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tom_ch66
01-05-2004, 03:38 AM
Hi!
I think salona don't need it now, maybe because He asked about this soft
Thanks!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

okey cool dude

AKTKGO
26-05-2004, 10:56 PM
the cable DKU-5 works for me in COM3 after a few seconds
is that dont work try to disable the USB ports and enable and try again

whitebeau
30-05-2004, 01:55 PM
I've posted this also in the nokia/symbian forum.

But i have the usb cable. and it won't connect. it comes up as a com-port #14, "i have a bluetooth portable key soit takes 2-13" and the mrouter doesn't find it. what am i missing??? :-?

tom_ch66
01-06-2004, 05:23 AM
I've posted this also in the nokia/symbian forum.

But i have the usb cable. and it won't connect. it comes up as a com-port #14, "i have a bluetooth portable key soit takes 2-13" and the mrouter doesn't find it. what am i missing??? :-?

my cable only gave me problems almost never work.... mine got com7 and somtimes it dont even find the phone i have to disconnect the cable and connect it and disconnect it from the phone and connect it again after dusting it.... its the same problem with handsfree never works for me....