PDA

View Full Version : Please report PPMEdit's bugs here...

tnp
07-09-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi guys! I'll fix all the bugs, so please report bugs in this forum. You should report bugs from versions 1.0a,1.0b,1.0c also.
BUT!!! Please specify the bug very detailed!

DON'T WRITE SOMETHING LIKE THIS!: "PPMEdit crashes when I loaded my modified 3310 flash file"

You should write it like: "When I add the 65th ringtone to my 3310 5.03 D, PPMEdit crashes when I want to load this flash, here is a link for this flash file: .... "

I would be happy if you send me the wrong flash files too!

BUT please don't write the same problem twice!

Sometime I'll write here what I fixed in the new version, so please follow it and don't write bugs that I fixed already! Maybe you can't try if the bug is fixed unless you buy the program, because there will be no demo versions in the near future!

Thanks to everybody for supporting me!

GeeZuZz
07-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Nice to see you are back!

but here is some bugs - 3310 v5.55 used:

1.I modified the graphics, and the languages, and now it is impossible to open it in PPMedit again. i only get "Out of memory" error message!

2. Not a big bug, but when i added a tone i thought was .re, but wasn't, the program gave me a "out of memory" error, and PPMEdit crashed. tried many times, so it wasn't just a coincidence.

3. When i removed all languages except comm, english and norwegian - it didn't remove any languages - it just added norwegian, so it was twice!

4. some .re tones don't sound correctly on phone. some of the notes are played with the silent beep you hear when locking the keypad.

5. not a bug i think, but i just tested to double the x size of the netmonitor picture - it worked, but the menu animations on menu 1 to 4 didn't work correctly after that. Only some frames was displayed, and they blinked and stuff.

liteFun
07-09-2002, 03:16 PM
@GeeZuZz
33xx/5510 has this kind of problem that some notes are played a beep.
i think there is one octave taken off from phone.
and in my 5510, those notes comes from ear piece.. so some tones will be kind of "stereo" when played.
that's not PPMEdit bug. it's nokia's feature :)

@Tnp
i tried that cracked 1.0a, there was bug with MCUtones.
i replace eg. SMS tone with longer one, save flash and open again. that tone is shortened. maybe over MCU range?

can battery/network bars width be like 6? 4 is too slim :)

can you add functions like calculating MCU/PPM total length and change addresses where MCU ends and PPM starts/end?
eg. changing all mcu tones, it would change mcu end addres from 3c0000 to 3d0000 ? or is it ready in the program, i haven't checked :)

and also 1.0a doesn't have toneid/short name change option.
first 5 tests i got something corrupted when changing everything, now i haven't seen problems (checking all with ppmmanager & nfree12p)

and now.. have to wait few weeks to get some money to buy your program.

simple_rod
07-09-2002, 03:36 PM
hello tnp,
STill cannot correct checksums on 5210. After flashing, there si no signal and the system always restart. Hope you can correct this bug. Thanks!

pedjulino
07-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Nice to see you are back!

Problem with 5110,6150!!!

i am try change icon for battery and signal dimension 4x16 and when i flashed my phones i have full icon but when i press button "C" i have only half icon 4x8:( that is bug.
That problem is and for key icon when i have icon width 8pixel or lenght 20 pixel i have contact service.When is 8x10pixel when i press button "C" i have only 7 pixel by width, 1 rank is missing.
i am try change sms ringtone U say can add long ringtone but that is not properly,i am add ringtone is txt format and sms ringtone is very bad and short i hear only "beep".

For ringtone ORIGINAL NOKIA RINGTONE!!!
I think original ringtone in Nokring format have small bug and phonation is bad.Please see U for this.

i have post all bugs fro all phone but i now haven't time

best regards

tnp
07-09-2002, 03:59 PM
2. Not a big bug, but when i added a tone i thought was .re, but wasn't, the program gave me a "out of memory" error, and PPMEdit crashed. tried many times, so it wasn't just a coincidence.

The filename have to be *.re!
Some *.re file (especially those converted from .rttl by another program) has some unneded bytes and it repeats the tones 16x times, so some tones could be 4-5 minutes length. It causes some problem! I will solve this rpoblem (I think it's not PPMEdit bug, but I can do something about that)

tnp
07-09-2002, 04:04 PM
You wrote:
i am try change icon for battery and signal dimension 4x16 and when i flashed my phones i have full icon but when i press button "C" i have only half icon 4x8 that is bug.
That problem is and for key icon when i have icon width 8pixel or lenght 20 pixel i have contact service.When is 8x10pixel when i press button "C" i have only 7 pixel by width, 1 rank is missing.

When you press the button "C" the phone erases the botom of the screen, so it isn't PPMEdit's bug! In 1.0a you can't change the graphics' size without limits (it means if you make the graphics bigger MCU may injured it depens on phones too). BUT it fixed in 1.0c!

Futura
07-09-2002, 04:19 PM
hi tnp heres a bug it says on your web page it can Edit/play all ringtones, including ringtones in the MCU (like SMS-alert, turn-on/off sound, game sounds, alarm clock) ive tried changing every mcu tone that have notes in them and it didnt change the startup/shutdown tone it just leaves it as the standard beep im using a 8250v5.04mcu+ppm flash

sk3done
07-09-2002, 06:24 PM
any font i add or ringtone or even OPERATOR name causes the phone to go into CS after it says insert sim and resets

this is on a 5146 3310 with 5110 and 5130 software 5.xx 5.30
and 5.xx on the 3310

i have even just tried changing one thing then flashing the phone same result every time

please tell me what i am doing wrong ????

on winxp
athlon 1.8xp
512 ddr

all flashing and logging ect works fine

gazzaman2k
07-09-2002, 07:29 PM
tone id is not added into the tones menu they all stay as 0000.

when trying to change language u deleate the others to make more room then save then when u exit out and reload that file it has all the languages back in again.

when trying to change the french ect... to all english by saving language pack then opening then replacing it doeas about 3 languages then crashes. or either displays some other language that is all jumbled or muddled up.

plz can you sort these problems thx

theremoids
08-09-2002, 04:14 AM
using the crack version... 6110 showed contact service after changing the fonts... so i was not able to change the 6110's font.

on a 6150, i was able to change the menu and fonts but the battery/signal icon disappeared.

font changing doesn't work on 7110... PPMEdit crashes when saving the flash file.

adding ringtones on a 6250, all added tones don't have sound and the 6250 hangs when going to the message alert menu.

and may i know where the voice tag tone is?
and PPMEdit didn't include the 3350 game "dance to music" tones... so we could change the boring background music.
and maybe you can include the games graphics... like we could change the looks of the snake or the bumper table.

but it's really a great software!
keep up the good work!

spider-x
08-09-2002, 05:11 AM
3310 5.57 animation graphics in all menu animate is faster than orginal and ringtone run faster compared to other re converter:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ac6210sr
08-09-2002, 07:15 AM
On 5110v5.30 swapping the Signal and Battery icons together with their respective BARS makes the right side icons (in this case the Signal and Bar indicators) disappear.

KodeX
09-09-2002, 10:51 AM
Some bugs I've encountered:

a.) Continuous message alert tone. Tone won't stop if not pressed.
b.)Continuous vibra alert, not intermittent on both ringtone and message alert tone.
c.)Crashes when pressing cancel button in the tone dialogbox after loading and playing tones.
d.)Closing the sw, though save button is not pressed after editing, the flash file is still modified (destroys the original flash so as they say) :(.

Thanks for your sw... best tool ever.

liteFun
09-09-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by KodeX
Some bugs I've encountered:

a.) Continuous message alert tone. Tone won't stop if not pressed.

i had same problem, but thanks to everyone @ nokiafree.org, i got solved.
if your tone ends with 07 0B, change it to 0B 0C.
and if you use normal ringtone as sms tone, you should erase 05 ?? from start so it has no loop, and 06 from end.

this is not a bug in ppmedit, but maybe ppmedit would correct this?

GeeZuZz
09-09-2002, 04:32 PM
When i change a tone in MCU - i get "out of memory" if i try to open the file in PPMedit again after saving.

probably because the tone i changed was a little longer than the original?

tnp
09-09-2002, 08:24 PM
I wrote the problem about ringtones what are repeated many times. Yes you can erase the repeating by deleting the '05 xx' from the start of the ringtone hexa data and the '06' of the end. 'AA AA' means a kind of repeating too, so you also can delete it for make the ringtone to not be repeated.

I fixed some bug, so please don't write about them in the future:

-If you try to load a flash file with a longer MCU, PPMEdit may crashed...fixed
-You couldn't delete languages...fixed
-You couldn't 'load all BMP' ...fixed
-If you make bitmaps bigger PPMEdit may crashed... fixed

Thanks for reporting the bugs, I'll keep fixing them!

GeeZuZz
09-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Very nice tnp.

But i still have a problem - Loading fonts from bmp don't work correctly. it didn't in 0.90 either.

in 0.90 the font was cut in half when i loaded from bmp - and in 1.0 it looks like the loaded font is just pasted over the old.

And PPMedit don't store last used folder - always c:\

welshwizard
10-09-2002, 06:20 PM
not so much a bug.....

Click 'Bitmaps' > 'Load ALL' > The load box says 'save all bitmap as...'

just thought you should know.

also. With 3310/5 5.57 O

at the start of the PPM where it shows the software version, the software wrote 'ppmedit by tnp' over the software version and no soft could read ppm.

pedjulino
10-09-2002, 08:24 PM
Hi tnp,

i am found bug "tones in nokring format" i think this converter for ringtone in nokring format is no GOOD.This is only example Carioca and Private eye,please hear U this ringtone in Nokia phone i am try put this ringtone in 3310 but this is very bad!i don't no what is problem???Carioca in 3410 is greate ringtone Private eye too i think this is favorits for original ringtone in new version phone.Please see U what is with Ur software when converting Hex in Nokring format.
EXAMPLE!!!
Carioca:d=32,o=4,b=480,l=15:a#,8p.,4p.,a#,8p.,4p.,a#,8p.,1p.,a#,4p.,a#,8p.,1p.,a#,8p.,4p.,a#,8p.,4p.,a#,8p.,1p.,a#,4p.,a#,8p.,1p.,a#5,8p,8p.,c#6,p,8p,a5,4p.,c#6,4p.,g#5,4p.,c#6,4p.,a5,4p.,c#6,4p.,a#5,8p,a#5,4p.,c#6,p,8p,a5,4p.,c#6,4p.,g#5,4p.,c#6,4p.,a5,
4p.,c#6,4p.,a#5,a#,8p.,4p.,a#,8p.,4p.,a#,8p.,1p.,a#,4p.,a#,8p.,
1p.,a#,8p.,4p.,a#,8p.,4p.,a#,8p.,1p.,a#,4p.,a#,8p.,1p. --very bad for hear

Private eye:d=32,o=5,b=450:d#,4p,d#,4p,f#,4p,d#,4p,g#,4p,f#,
4p,c#,4p,f#,4p,d#,16p.,d#,8p,d#,4p,f#,4p,d#,4p,a,4p,g#,8p,g#,16p.,c#,4p,g#,4p,f#,4p,f#,4p,c#6,4p,f#,4p,c6,4p,f#,4p,c#6,4p,g#,4p,f#,8p,f#,16p.,f#,4p,c#6,4p,f#,8p,f#,16p.,c6,4p,f#,4p,c#6,4p,g#,4p,d#,4p,d#,4p,d#6,4p,d#,4p,c#6,4p,d#,4p,c6,4p,d#,4p,b4,8p,b4,16p.,b4,4p,f#,4p,b4,8p,b4,16p.,f,8p,f,16p.,b4,4p,f#,4p,b4,8p,b4,16p.,c#,4p,c#,4p,g#,4p,c#,4p,g,4p,c#,4p,g#,4p,c#,4p,a#4,4p,a#4,4p,f,4p,a#4,8p,a#4,16p.,f#,4p,a#4,4p,f,4p,a#4,4p,d#,4p,d#,4p,f#,4p,d#,4p,g#,4p,f#,4p,c#,4p,f#,4p,d#,16p.,d#,8p,d#,4p,f#,4p,d#,4p,a,4p,g#,8p,g#,16p.,c#,4p,g#,4p,f#,4p,f#,4p,c#6,4p,f#,4p,c6,4p,f#,4p,c#6,4p,g#,4p,f#,8p,f#,16p.,f#,4p,c#6,4p,f#,8p,f#,16p.,c6,4p,f#,4p,c#6,4p,g#,4p,d#,4p,d#,4p,d#6,4p,d#,4p,c#6,4p,d#,4p,c6,4p,d#,4p,b4,8p,b4,16p.,b4,4p,f#,4p,b4,8p,b4,16p.,f,8p,f,16p.,b4,4p,f#,4p,b4,8p,b4,16p.,c#,4p,c#,4p,g#,4p,c#,4p,g,4p,c#,4p,g#,4p,c#,4p,a#4,4p,a#4,4p,f,4p,a#4,8p,a#4,16p.,f#,4p,a#4,4p,f,4p,a#4--very bad

best regards

walrusja
11-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Hi, Mr tnp

I use 6110 and 6150
When I change picture menu or signal bar I got "contact service"
furthermore I can't change anything to my phone (6110,6150) with this program.

I still want to buy your program if it's worked.

best regards,

walrusja

Liam
11-09-2002, 11:16 AM
Using the cracked version, importing a font, say Tahoma or Verdana, the software crashes after trying to save. No alterations are made to the file when this happens.

Loading from a PEF file doesnt have this problem.

Regards

GeeZuZz
12-09-2002, 07:57 PM
edit: wasn't PPMedit's fault after all..

Kent|
13-09-2002, 12:42 PM
@tnp

Bug report on a 6250 v/5.03 PPM A with cracked PPMEdit:

1. After editing bitmaps, it seems like ID 000 and 001 (wakeup bell and ABC) dosent work on the phone. I cant see it.

2. some problem with changing SMS alert tone, i want do-mi-so insted of Special alert tone, but all sms tones just vibrates after flash.

just tried to save tone in *.rttl or *.txt format, and then load it into SMS tones section.. mybe thats help...

waiting....

Ok, thats it! It worked fine!

-kent-

jdx1883
13-09-2002, 08:04 PM
@tnp

hi.., mr tnp may i know why everytime i add a ringtone in *.re format to a flash file using ppmedit 1.0 crack version...the some tone id in the ringtone will be the same??? although i have correct the tone id of the *.re file...but still the same...!!
thanks

Liam
13-09-2002, 09:41 PM
another bug... 1.0a cracked...

tones just do not get replaced, only thing that changes is the name, it still plays the original tone

so what i am having to do is import the tones with FlashTone2.10 then correcting the names with PPMEdit1.0a

GeeZuZz
15-09-2002, 01:06 AM
I have problems changing fonts, loaded from .pef files.

When i turn on the phone - nothing appears on the display. The light just stays on, and no buttons work. I have to remove the battery to turn it off.

tested on 3310 5.55 and 5.57.

Is this PPMedit's fault or is it just me doing something wrong?

gazzaman2k
15-09-2002, 09:06 AM
when changing fonts + pictures u go to save to file and it says unable 2 calculate ppm checksums or summin.

then u use ppm manager to correct them and flash it to the fone it comes up with contact service :(

baculao
17-09-2002, 05:05 PM
tnp,
I just got a registered version of your ppmedit 1.0e.
your program is the best.

anyway, this is a bug that I have found in your program:
Whenever I press cancel in the "ringtones" portion of your program while editing 7110 and 6210 flashfiles, your program crashes.

are there any new upcoming versions?

more power to you.

sphinxfrs
19-09-2002, 09:47 AM
I already got my registerd PPMEdit 1.0E, i think i send you the invalid log file because i edited it and put my username and email address, i can't save the flash file. tnx, more power TNP!

cliffordb
19-09-2002, 11:59 AM
I am using PPMEdit 10E when you load a flash file and click on the view screen and then on the up or down buttons without clicking on go first the program will terminate with a error could you please fix this.

Thanks

imsam
20-09-2002, 05:14 PM
we just got our version f (flasher_club).... my problem is this..

1. when i open a 5110 flash file and ther i click the ringtone button to access the ringtones, and after the dialouge box of the ring tone appears and click the ok button the appz crash... i hope its only me.... i am using it in ME.

2... still i have infinity in my sms alert tone when i change it in the MCU in 3210 flash... any suggestions on this???

3... the appz is more friendly as it matures... more power.

mikejumanan
20-09-2002, 05:29 PM
More to TNP!

I just hope that you'll continue on improving ppmedit!
As the saying goes: "there's always room for improvement..."!
ppmedit10f is a far cry from the "e" version, its more functional

here's a question:
why doesn't the load button on mcu and ppm work?

thanks

butchsor
21-09-2002, 10:12 AM
I can't see the ringtone names on 3350 version 5.15 when I open it. I'm using ppmedit 1.0f.

stallone1
21-09-2002, 10:34 AM
ppmedit 1.0f <== may i have the link to download this ?? thx

NokiaFX
21-09-2002, 11:08 AM
I was just wondering would you be able to add a button in the font section which allows you to select a certain charactar and restore it to the default???

I think sometimes when you import some fonts a lot of the charactars are ok but some of the special charactars get messed up... so it would be cool if you could keep all the letters that you like and just restore some of the others to the defaults easily... anyway i think that feature would be quite helpfull :)

markaidestine
21-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Everytime i load a tone to change the ascending and beep once sms alert, it resulted to infinite tone that even if you read and finished reading your text mssge, the tone still playing. Can you fix it Mr. TNP, its better if you program it that everytime we load a tone we dont need to delete or change anymore the hex data just to remove the infinity especially in MCU ringtones, because it doesnt need infinite tone. Hope that in your next version you can also improve the bitmap features of ppmedit just like when you're making a logo in logomanager, the PASTE, COPY, CUT, SELECT ALL features, so that you can move the whole graphics in the middle, side..etc .... so that you dont need to draw it again just to put it in the right place or position you like...ANYWAY ppmedit is really a good program...and i know Mr. TNP will still improve it more in the future! More power!

pedjulino
25-09-2002, 07:19 PM
Problem with Nokia 5110 v5.30

1)I can't change battery and signal icon bar larger out of battery(4x6) and signal(4x6) --reason when i press "C" my icon is HIDE!
2)Try for change icon for keylock is same problem.Work only with (16x7)
3)Try for import FONTS is bad i haven't half fonts on my displey!!!!
4)BIG Error is DEL other language i try enlarge space for ringtone with sponge unnecessary language and that is imposible.
5)Try for put startup ringtone is imposible too.I am try this more sally.

That is my remark for one day using Ur software.
Please correct any bugs Mr.tnp and i will help U.

regards

NokiaPhreak
26-09-2002, 01:44 PM
@stallone1

Did you buy from TNP? if not no need to ask for the newest version excerpt the cracked version. ver.1.0b above is for register user only.

Some of the above error has already been fixed in version1.0g.

goto http://www.geocities.com/ppmedit for lastest update.

You can also download a demo there.

pedjulino
26-09-2002, 02:28 PM
TNP I HAVE SEC FILE AND I AM DOWNLOAD THIS NEW VERSION AND I CAN'T SAVE NOTHING!!What is problem:(

regards

NokiaPhreak
26-09-2002, 03:12 PM
@pedjulino

If you are registered user or you have buy from TNP, goto http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ppmedit_group to download the full version.

And this is what TNP said for the demo version:"

HI guys!

Don't affraid of the version 1.0g is being cracked like the 1.0a,
because some of the 1.0g demo's functions also doesn't works for registered users!

Tnp"

butchsor
27-09-2002, 03:20 AM
Just e-mail him for the new copy of your ppmedit.log. That was our problem before, we sent him an edited logfile. Recently, I sent him 2 logfiles for my Duron and Pentium and he sent back 2 SEC files also and both of them are working!;)