PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does unlocking do?

phenomic
07-03-2004, 02:35 AM
What exactly does unlocking do? I am looking hard around the site, and used the search feature in the forum but i just can't find what unlocking is?
I read a little while ago that it allows you to use sim cards from other countries is this right?

I already got the codes i need but i dont know if i should enter them or not because I don't really think i will be using any other sim cards, are there any other good uses for it.
I used the online generator, should i just use the first code, I am in us with nokia 3595 and the instructions are a little confusing. Thanks for all the help i really appreciate it.

s786999k
07-03-2004, 04:39 AM
hello

unlocking is a method used that can allow you to use other network or country sims in your phones

somethings when u buy a phone on pay as you go or on a contract the company will lock the phone to their network so that you cannot use another company simcard inside it - this is a little impractical for people who use say two network providers so instence say they use t-mobile & vodafone so if they have it unlocked this is no longer a problem 4 them

also a unlocked phone has a higher resell value as well as then its not limited to just people who are on the same network as you

hope this helps!

What exactly does unlocking do? I am looking hard around the site, and used the search feature in the forum but i just can't find what unlocking is?
I read a little while ago that it allows you to use sim cards from other countries is this right?

I already got the codes i need but i dont know if i should enter them or not because I don't really think i will be using any other sim cards, are there any other good uses for it.
I used the online generator, should i just use the first code, I am in us with nokia 3595 and the instructions are a little confusing. Thanks for all the help i really appreciate it.