PDA

View Full Version : Relocking DCT3

skynet
10-03-2004, 11:44 PM
hi

i think there has been already a topic concerning this, but i haven't found it, sorry.

so:

there is a possibility to relock DCT3 (and maybe DCT4 also) Nokia phones by entering

*pw+RLCKC+1#

to the phone, where RLCKC is the relock code, maybe it's the provider's code, i dunno really.

if you know something about this, or tried it, please post results!

Nokiacrazi
11-03-2004, 12:08 AM
I thought the only way 2 relock ur fone was to use a cable and sw like noktool.

Nokiacrazi :)

skynet
11-03-2004, 01:35 AM
I thought the only way 2 relock ur fone was to use a cable and sw like noktool.

Nokiacrazi :)

look into the flash file, search for #pw and you'll find

#pw *pw *#0000 *#06 etc all missing the # on the end.

if you enter *pw+11111+1# phone will display "Not allowed" so it IS possible but need to figure out the code...

maybe somebody could try on a phone unlocked by code and SIM inserted, with the provider code, not 11111 (i'm worried about f.king up my SIM but if you have a SIM not in use, you could try it)

GeeZuZz
11-03-2004, 01:46 AM
It must be a way to lock it using "mastercode" because you can find the text string "Phone already locked" in DCT-3's.

It's weird that noone have figured out yet!

Crux
11-03-2004, 01:47 AM
that would not be nice.

imagine locking your frinds phones. :lol: :lol:

no. not nice.

but i am curious too. there are some "friends" that i dont like. :-P

skynet
11-03-2004, 01:57 AM
that would not be nice.

imagine locking your frinds phones. :lol: :lol:

no. not nice.

but i am curious too. there are some "friends" that i dont like. :-P

crux: and it would be also great if you have problems with your phone and want NOKIA to fix it free of charge, using the Warranty you got with your phone (which is void if you unlock your phone, at least in Hungary). This way you could relock it, take it to NOKIA, have it serviced, then unlock it again:)

So I'm saying that

- if someone has a phone that's been unlocked by code
- and he's got a SIM that's not used AND is from the provider the phone is bought from (a prepaid card with no credit, resting on the shelf, waiting for expiration, or whatever, the important thing is it must be the SIM of the same provider phone is bought from!!!)
- please try to relock the phone with *pw+PROVC+1# where PROVC is PROVider Code, e.g. 23201, etc, depending on what provider the phone is bought from, of course this'll work only with providers locking only lock 1.

if someone succeeds, please post results!

GeeZuZz
11-03-2004, 02:31 AM
- if someone has a phone that's been unlocked by code
- and he's got a SIM that's not used AND is from the provider the phone is bought from (a prepaid card with no credit, resting on the shelf, waiting for expiration, or whatever, the important thing is it must be the SIM of the same provider phone is bought from!!!)
- please try to relock the phone with *pw+PROVC+1# where PROVC is PROVider Code, e.g. 23201, etc, depending on what provider the phone is bought from, of course this'll work only with providers locking only lock 1.

if someone succeeds, please post results!

I don't understand the first two points there. Why must the phone have been locked before? The point with the function is to lock the phone in first place?

I tried the last point. Using operator code from sim card inserted. "Not Allowed".

Crux
11-03-2004, 02:41 AM
u are right.

i remember. about a month ago someone said he re-locked his phone with success by code.

i dont remember who. and i am to tired to make a search :-P

skynet
11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
i did a little experiment with a 3410:

locked to 21670, data read by NokiaToll 0.34:

21670 CLOSED
0000 OPEN
0000 OPEN
FFFFFFFFFF OPEN

code:
#pw+4144645033+1#

read again by NokiaTool:

21670 OPEN
0000 OPEN
0000 OPEN
FFFFFFFFFF OPEN

Reset SP locks in Knok, afterwards:

00101 OPEN
0000 OPEN
0000 OPEN
0000000001 OPEN

locked to 21601:

21601 CLOSED
0000 OPEN
0000 OPEN
FFFFFFFFFF OPEN

code:
#pw+6072297629+1#

21601 OPEN
0000 OPEN
0000 OPEN
FFFFFFFFFF OPEN

so my theory is:

you can ONLY relock your phone to a given network if it has been locked to that network and opened by code!!! look at the above data!!!

am I clear? :)

I'm gonna try to relock the phone with a SIM card inserted and gonna post results...

btw crux I've searched for the other topic but couldn't find it... could you please search for it (maybe you remember some words or something, I've searched for "relock dct3", "relock" and I dunno what else but found nothing)

Crux
12-03-2004, 01:44 AM
here u have the link

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t56234/h/s.html