PDA

View Full Version : 5510 flashing

zachspeight
09-09-2002, 06:26 AM
I cant seem to find new flash files for my 5510, my phone is a 5510 and its software is v 03.43 13-11-01 npm-5

i read that you can get hold of a v5.something and with that you can hold more than 40 sms`s instead of the normal couple. can anyoine help please and let me know what i have to do to flash, all i have done so far is unlock it but that took ages as most programs i use stop me from switching the phone on after starting to unlock.

please e-mail as i can only look at e-mails at work and no sites other than hotmail allowed.

[email protected]

thank you all:confused:

Shidoshi
11-09-2002, 11:21 PM
Hmm...

What program(s) are you using to mess around with your phone, also which OS?

5510 v3.53 MCU+PPM @ http://nokia.sno.at/

Regards,
-Dave

Sdriver^
12-09-2002, 02:07 PM
I have a different problem -
I've tried flashing a new MCU+PPM to my 5510, ie. v.3.53 but it always has problems when I turn it on. It will turn on, load normally, but the keypad is frozen. The phone will stay on, normally until I touch a key.. it freezes, for around 20 seconds, and then turns off. This problem is very annoying. I haven't been able to modify the PPM or MCU's ever since this flashing problem..

Anyone with a solution, please advise.

Thanks,
Kris

PS. Anyone with the new Flash the guy above speaks of, also please post a link - or alternatively, e-mail me : sdriver@gamebox,net <- Change the comma, to a dot. (Spam protection)

Shidoshi
12-09-2002, 05:13 PM
Hmm...

Originally posted by Sdriver^
I have a different problem -
I've tried flashing a new MCU+PPM to my 5510, ie. v.3.53 but it always has problems when I turn it on. It will turn on, load normally, but the keypad is frozen. The phone will stay on, normally until I touch a key.. it freezes, for around 20 seconds, and then turns off. This problem is very annoying. I haven't been able to modify the PPM or MCU's ever since this flashing problem..

Anyone with a solution, please advise.

Thanks,
Kris

PS. Anyone with the new Flash the guy above speaks of, also please post a link - or alternatively, e-mail me : sdriver@gamebox,net <- Change the comma, to a dot. (Spam protection)

I've had this problem once or twice before when updating 3310->3315, what I did was set faid, factory settings, ui settings, and I also had to set the IMEI, but you probably won't need to do that...

Care to try this out, if you haven't done it before?
I'm not 100% familiar with 5510, never updated the software as they all have the most recent version upto now ;)

Just unlock, logos, tones.

Regards,
-Dave