PDA

View Full Version : Newbie trouble with 8390...

BustedLX
17-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone. I recieved this Nokia 8390 from a friend and it used to be on AT&T wireless in the USA (Miami, FL) well my provider is T-Mobile and I would like to use this phone with my provider.

Only thing is I try to use the code the that the online calculator hosted by this site gives and the phone gives me the reply "code error" after entering the first line.

I don't know if it's maybe something I've done wrong, It's probably something really stupid staring me right in the face but I just can't see it.

Anyhow if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

the phone's info is:
IMEI Seriel number: 010128302400822
Former Service provider: AT&T Wireless (USA)
Model Number: 8390

I don't know if there is any other info needed but that's all the calculator asks for.

By the way I'm entering the code into the phone and the phone has no sim card in it, I don't know if that makes a difference but it wasn't given to me with the AT&T Sim.

Thanks again.

BustedLX
17-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Update:
I turned the phone on with my T-Mobile SIM inserted and it said "phone restricted" I clicked on the "undo" key and entered the code but I still got the "code error" message.

dprvu
20-07-2004, 10:25 PM
I was told to post to this forum. This is a phone on the Rogers Network in Canada and is a TDMA/AMPS phone. It does Digital and Analog. I would like to unlock it to switch providers in my new area.

I can send the ESN number if there is someone that can help me out. it is not a GSM phone.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
It is a Nokia 8860.
[email protected]

Thank you.

Denny