PDA

View Full Version : 8310 Problems. Have Cable. Bwinlock not working. 5 codes used up. Restricted! HELP!!!

Spare-Flair
19-03-2004, 06:21 AM
Hi, this is my first post and I'm at my wits and severely frustrated. I've spent the past 5 hours scouring for software to cable unlock my 8310 series phone (actually 8390) and trying to get anything to work at all.

My friend generated a set of remote unlock codes with the wrong provider by accident and so, the codes were incorrect. He inputed these in past the 5-attempt limit on my phone so now it's hard locked and I can't remote unlock the phone anymore.

In desparation, I turned to cable unlocking and I do actually have a cable. The problem is I can't identify if it is an MBUS or an FBUS cable. I don't even know the difference between the two. In the past 5 hours I've tried about a dozen apps with no success and an array of bizarre error/debug messages I don't understand.

My cable is similar to this one:
http://ucables.com/img/connector-nokia-8310.jpg
However, it's a cheaper, plasticky version. It works though. Any idea what it is? I'm leaning towards MBUS right now as I can't seem to get any FBUS software to work. There is no switch to change between modes on it.

Onto my application problems...
Nothing I've tried tonight has worked and I'm going crazy! Do I use it with the sim in the slot or not? I have no dongle but I can generate the codes, this is no use to be though, as I can't enter them in via keypad.

Bwinlock reports that it: "cannot enter test mode" when I click the padlock but the magnifying glass does work and reveals my settings as locked and code attemtps at 5.

NokTool says: "check mbus cable" and refuses to show anything
JIC says "priviledged instruction" when it runs and stops at the test mode line.

I tried the actually Test Mode Activator but it says: "no dongle", however the phone still went into Test Mode (the only thing that worked tonight) and yet JIC/Bwinlock still refuse to work and stop at that step.

I tried Nokia DCT4 tool but it stops after the reboot and testmode stage, complaining that the phone isn't responding.

Finally, Cyber DCT-4 successfully found my IMEI and firmware version number (7.80) and actually goes through the unlock process but it seems to have no effect. It simply says SP successful and after that nothing more.

I've tried the cable with all the software with original sim, the new sim from the provider I want, and no sim, and all of them have no result. I tried running all the apps while the phone was in Test Mode but they still refused to work. I'm completely out of ideas now. What is wrong? Is it that my phone revision of 7.80 is too new for most of the old unlocking apps to have effect?

Have I overlooked something? Can somebody tell me what's wrong or what I should try? Heck, I still don't know what kind cable I have. What am I supposed to do now? In case it really turns out that all the software/apps are ineffective what can I do? Anyway to flash the phone to default or clear the remote code attempts? Flash an older firmware? Please help me out! Thanks!