PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking 3650 'SIM Unaccepted'

skysurfer
22-03-2004, 01:28 AM
Just bought a Nokia 3650 which was supposed to be unlocked. I put in a T-Mobile SIM, and got the message SIM Unaccepted.

Thinking that the phone might actually be locked, I tried using 4 codes generated from DTC4Calc (used 1 and 7 from 24407 and 1 and 7 from 31038). Code Error on all attempts.

My first question, is if the SIM was bad or bogus, would it give the SIM Unaccepted error?

Second question, if the phone was already unlocked and I tried putting the unlock code in again, even if it were the correct one, would it still generate a 'Code Error' message, or can you put the correct code in as many times as you want?

Last question, there seems to be quite a wide price range for the data cables. I looked both on Ebay and UCables.com. They can vary as much as $30 for what appears to be the same cable. It looks like I'm going to be going the cable route to get this thing unlocked, since I only have one more shot at putting the code in. Is there a difference with these data cables? Is one ONLY used to unlock the phones, and the other to do data transfer stuff like loading pictures?

I'm on my way out to pick up another SIM card to see if that was the problem, and will post back if that was the issue.

Thanks all,

SS

:-?

skysurfer
26-03-2004, 03:38 AM
Just bought a Nokia 3650 which was supposed to be unlocked. I put in a T-Mobile SIM, and got the message SIM Unaccepted.

Well, it's all mute now. After convincing myself that I'd have to send this unit in for professional unlocking, I tried one last time to unlock it myself. What did I have to lose? And voila, I got it on my final attempt!

I put the SIM in and everything's working great.

cmorozco
06-04-2004, 11:23 PM
I can't get mine to work, can you provide details on how you got yours to work?

Well, it's all mute now. After convincing myself that I'd have to send this unit in for professional unlocking, I tried one last time to unlock it myself. What did I have to lose? And voila, I got it on my final attempt!

ahren
22-04-2004, 10:03 PM

I also have a Nokia 3650, bought on ebay. Used the Unlock code generator and I have entered code 1 and code 7 but NEITHER worked.
Which code did you finally enter that worked???

PLEEEASE HELP