PDA

View Full Version : how to use vilani 3.1 software for gx10 i unlocking

jensenh1
23-03-2004, 01:51 AM
Unlocking gx10i using 3.1 vilani software

Here are the instructions:

1) Connect phone to computer using data cable via serial port.Open programme and Select your phone type to be unlocked n the ‘opciones’ box (liberar gx10i)

2) Click 'Aplicar Selicion' which means Use this selection.

3) A progress bar will go across the window

4) Within a minute, it should say "Telefone Libre OK" which means PHONE IS NOW UNLOCKED !!!

5) Disconnect and try another sim card and It should be unlocked

6) Reset phone master settings using code 0000

7) Input WAP and MMS settings

it worked for me!
I havent tried it but this software can reset handset code (reset codigo) too im told.

richyrich
05-09-2004, 12:17 AM
can you help me i have been to the italian site but cant find vilani 3.1 on there to download, does anybody have it, i have v3.0 but this doesnt work as i am one of those people with a dodgy usb to serial port cable thing and the only post that has said a successful unlock happened with this cable was using v3.1 many thanks in advance because frustrated is not the word ......; long live the NOKIA

jonifen
06-09-2004, 06:24 PM
as far as I am aware m8 you cannot unlock with one of those usb>serial cables. I have got one of those at home which my partners daughter uses to download pictures from her GX10i to the PC, but we could not unlock the phone using it even with 3.1 :(
I had to get the proper rs232 cable off ebay for a few quid to unlock it using vilani 3.1 and that worked first time perfectly!

I have since unlocked a GX10 for another family member with a different app with no problems (vilani only made the phone reboot without unlocking it!)

EDIT: Also, I found that MMS could not be sent or received on o2-UK. I have been told by a phone stall in the market near here to phone o2 and they need to update something on the SIM card even if MMS could be sent/received on a different phone before!