PDA

View Full Version : 8310 Code Problem

Big_fets
23-03-2004, 02:50 AM
Hello, I'm a newbie at this but I've read up a fair bit and hopefully I'm posting in the right place with the right question.

I've got an 8310 on Orange in the UK. I've tried generating codes using the online calculator and also the downloaded version.

I remove my SIM & start up my phone. I see the "insert SIM" message and input the codes (I try code 7 then 1) exactly as they appear.

Then... nothing. The code stays on the screen, the phone doesn't react or anything.

I try pressing the call button but it says "call not allowed".

The only time the phone requests a code is if I try another SIM in my phone. I don't want to enter a code with a SIM inserted because all the instructions tell me not to.

I'm stuck. Can anyone help?

P.S. Thanks in advance for any replies!

THE INSAAN
23-03-2004, 05:21 AM
you must be doing something wrong my friend, just look at the code carefully, and also to get the pw+ charactors you need to press the * button a few times

Big_fets
23-03-2004, 10:39 PM
I did it! I took a bit of a calculated risk. I re-inserted the SIM and entered the code (I started with code 7) when prompted. The phone reset itself and when I turned it back on... Holay! It worked!

Thanks everyone for reading and especially to THE INSAAN for replying!

THE INSAAN
24-03-2004, 01:02 AM
now you know why this is the best gsm forum on the net, it's clean, helpful, uptodate and well moderated