PDA

View Full Version : ### Further problems with Online Calc ###

unlokia
24-03-2004, 07:15 PM
### URGENT TO USERS OF ONLINE CALCULATOR ###

To all users and moderators **PLEASE** read this notice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The DCT4 portion of the NOKIAFREE online calculator is producing *wrong* codes, time after time. You have only 5 attempts to input these codes, and at the current time, CODE 1 at the top of the list, is being returned incorrectly!!!.

I would therefore strongly advise that people do **NOT** use this calculator until this problem has been fixed, as this could well use up your maximum number of incorrect code attempts - then you **WILL** be stuffed !!!!

##### PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE AS IT IS OF VITAL IMPORTANCE!! #####

Hello again to everyone here!! - I have just used the online calculator which is provided on this site, only to find **another flaw** within the calculations.

Ok, I came on yesterday, and perhaps I ranted a little about the lack of support for "3G" handsets, within your online software.

I used the calc again this afternoon to unlock a 3510i, and to my astonishment, code 1 ("#pw+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+1#") seems to have a single digit missing from the end of it.

For the newbies out there, DCT4 unlock code numeric strings are 15 digits long. On NOKIAFREE's online calculator, the first (top in the list) code has only *14* digits!!.

I have a valid IMEI that I use for software checking and validation purposes when I am coding my own calculators, and i also know off by heart, the code 1 that the calculator produces in normal operation, which is this:

IMEI: 351354204871244
SP : 23400001 (Virgin uk 3510i)
H/SET: 3510i

#pw+482027417032022+1# VALID CODE 1 AS PRODUCED BY NORMAL CALCS

#pw+112444140006240+2# \
#pw+213805541150206+3# |
#pw+029803750700102+4# |
#pw+019873743760370+5# }-------REST OF THE CODES (**ALL** VALID!!)
#pw+309976035761073+6# |
#pw+938102567663101+7# /

Now my point is this - using the NOKIAFREE online calc, code 1 is returned as such:

#pw+48202741703202+1# (should be #pw+482027417032022+1# )

The *REST* of the codes are correct in their entirity, but as you can see when you compare both code 1's, there is a digit missing off the end of the code 1 produced by the NOKIAFREE calc!!.

Ok, then I tried another IMEI and provider - then another - then another.

**ALL** returned a result which gave code 1 as FOURTEEN digits long, not 15 as is required to unlock.

Call me nitpicking, but I personally think that this is not the case. *TWO* valid errors in as many days is cause for concern.

As mentioned before, i am well aware that this is a **FREE** service to the general public, but of what use when it doesn't function as is expected??!.
Most probably it would be helpful if someone with the appropriate knowledge (maybe UNIQUESW or whoever backs this calc), checks the code that NOKIAFREE use to run this calc, as there is, without any doubt, DEFINITELY something amiss here!!

Try it for yourselves - i am sure that you can see that what I have said is true.

Best regards, Matt.

Fix it Guys - the public deserve the correct info!!

Yotamz
24-03-2004, 10:57 PM
even though we already know about it, thanx for reporting it.

but this problem is not that important, because of some reasons.

1. at least as far as i checked, entering a shorter code does not take off the 5 tries.
2. all users shall use code 7, and not code 1.
3. everyone can download the calculator for free, so if they get wrong codes they can use the program. instructions are all here.

i'm sure the admin will fix that problem when he has time for it, but till then - use the software.

Unique
25-03-2004, 03:52 AM
Most probably it would be helpful if someone with the appropriate knowledge (maybe UNIQUESW or whoever backs this calc), checks the code that NOKIAFREE use to run this calc, as there is, without any doubt, DEFINITELY something amiss here!!

Sorry my delay on this issue.

I have checked all at my end at it seems fine. I shall speak to the admin regards this issue as it must be the script at his end that is causing this.

Thank you for informing of this issues.

Again, sorry for my slow reply.

John

fatboymal
30-03-2004, 01:24 PM
even though we already know about it, thanx for reporting it.

but this problem is not that important, because of some reasons.

1. at least as far as i checked, entering a shorter code does not take off the 5 tries.
2. all users shall use code 7, and not code 1.
3. everyone can download the calculator for free, so if they get wrong codes they can use the program. instructions are all here.

i'm sure the admin will fix that problem when he has time for it, but till then - use the software.

I am sure that Unique will correct the problem, their software is second to none. But to point out that:

1. entering a shorter code does count on the 5 tries, this catches people out when they enter a dct3 code in a dct4 phone.
2. an asic 5 phone (and some asic2, e.g. 6310i) will certainly reject the 7 multilock code if only 1 lock is in place, and sometimes if lock 1 and 2 are in place. Here only entering code 1 and 2 will do.

Yotamz
30-03-2004, 08:27 PM
about 1 i'm not sure, but my friend has a 6100.. and he didn't know about the simlock thing, so he inserted another provider's simcard, and when the phone asked for a restriction code - he just typed random numbers.. more than 5 tries, and after all that - the correct code did work.

about the asic 5, it is correct, not all the phones will accept the 7th code, but these are special cases, in many asic 5 phones the 7th code did work.. i have tried it in some 7650s.

unlokia
31-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Still waiting for this little gremlin to get sorted!! - keep up the good work guys your forum is an invaluable source of Nokia info and I for one, couldn't do without it, so keep it up and I will keep you all up to date with my MOTOROLA A835 unlocker ( ;-) ).

Best Regards, Matt (Unlokia)