PDA

View Full Version : can i move the signal bars to this position?

westy
10-09-2002, 08:45 AM
hi i tryed to move the signal bars to under the screen where it says menu my plan was to get rid of 'menu' cuz duh i know that button goes there and put the bars in its place...check out the .bmp
...but nothing showed up :'(
is it possible???

liteFun
10-09-2002, 09:58 AM
it is possible.
but the problem is that menu-text.
even if you remove menu-text, you can't see the bars because your smart phone will clear the bottom of screen.
does same even if you put bars horizontal from indicators original place, leaving menu text in bottom. it will erase bars because there can be text (like i have my phonenumber there, profile name in middle and network in upper line).

may be possible to tweak somewhere how many lines text can be on display (and what font to use). so deleting one line or using smaller font it may be possible to do it like this:

your_network
-your_profile-

N **** **** B
Menu

N=Network indicator
B=Battery indicator
*=net/batt bar

mr. NokDoc, do you know where this can be modified?

westy
10-09-2002, 10:01 AM
so.. do you think think there is a way to get rid of the menu text all together?

liteFun
10-09-2002, 10:04 AM
use ppmmanager, save text from flash, edit text, remove "menu", import text to ppmmanager, update crc, save, flash...

rosbud
10-09-2002, 10:25 AM
hi, do u have already a flash with this menu for try?

liteFun
10-09-2002, 11:15 AM
my menu says "Nokia 5510", and open is same.. (when keyboard locked)

check out http://nokiafree.org/forums/software.php?u=&pathext=Nokia/

rosbud
10-09-2002, 11:36 AM
i want to change my menu on my 8210 to move the signal bars to under the screen too...

liteFun
10-09-2002, 12:37 PM
it won't help!

even if you remove menu-text, you can't see the bars because your smart phone will clear the bottom of screen.
does same even if you put bars horizontal from indicators original place, leaving menu text in bottom. it will erase bars because there can be text (like i have my phonenumber there, profile name in middle and network in upper line).

rosbud
10-09-2002, 12:44 PM
and u use which program for do that !!!
ppm?

welshwizard
10-09-2002, 12:50 PM
use ppmedit to get it how mine is. :) but u still have Menu tho....

excuse the crappy drawing. :p

rosbud
10-09-2002, 12:57 PM
lol drawing :)

and i use view screen fonction for changed?

welshwizard
10-09-2002, 01:00 PM
yes, view screen to change position.

you may want to change the bars size in the bitmap section.

bottom bar = 1 x 2
2nd up bar = 1 x 3
1 x 4
1 x 5

change the last two bitmaps (empty ones) to 1 in width.

liteFun
10-09-2002, 01:00 PM
@welshwizard
doesn't your menu text cause bars disappear?
or do you have only 1 pixel wide bars?

edit: oh, he was writing same time as me.. and using 1px width :)

it took me 2 minutes to do that in ppmedit1.0aCracked and after flashing.. "fuck that nokia!!!" bars will disappear even if no text in my 5510.
and i don't know where to start trying to modify things like which font used in main screen, how many lines etc.
if i could make it only 2 lines (net&profile) and then HUGE network & battery bars.. like 10x10 :)

rosbud
10-09-2002, 01:43 PM
how i do for changed positionnal menu text in center on my screen.
I have already battery level and network in bottom and i want menu text under 2

NokDoc
10-09-2002, 04:54 PM
Mr. LiteFun,

>> mr. NokDoc, do you know where this can be modified?
I think I know, not for sure!

The Nokia display is divided into zones.
Each of those zones have their own properties settings, in a table.
And are refreshed once in a while, depending the menu activities.
I think that makes Ur logo disappear sometimes.

Like for the battery bars I think the zones settings are like:

56 0000 0623 3 (06x35) #BarLeft
FF 0000 0625 2 (06x37) #BarLeft
56 4E00 0623 2 (06x35) #BarRight
FF 4E00 0625 0 (06x37) #BarRight

U can recognise some x/y addresses there. (I removed 7 zeros each line!)

So the trick will be to find the zone for the bottom text line.
Then change the x and y, so the text zone will be smaller.
Then the increase the y for the zones for the bars to eg 30h.

For 331x-557 U can check the tables at 115B14 and 115D24.

Hopefully I U can make some sense from this?

If so, there's lots more, like links to <MT>,<ALT>,<ATX> tables.
Those are definitions for behaviour of the zones.
Like setting the text to be centered or left alligned, Font type etc.

Question to U,

N || || || || Menu || || || || B

U make those sort of menus in ppmedit?

Could someone send in a 557 flash, modified only by ppmedit?
I think I am very interrested in the results of that tool.

I don't mind the quality, just to analyse the tool.
Why I not do myself?, I promised to Mr. Tnp, so I won't.

Thanks.

NokDoc

GeeZuZz
10-09-2002, 07:21 PM
Very Cool!!

here is a picture of my phone!

I think it works like it should!

rosbud
11-09-2002, 09:20 AM
Can u send me a fls for to see how i do that!!!

liteFun
11-09-2002, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NokDoc

So the trick will be to find the zone for the bottom text line.
Then change the x and y, so the text zone will be smaller.
Then the increase the y for the zones for the bars to eg 30h.

exactly this is what is needed.
but.. i know nothing about mcu..
maybe i have to first take a look in 331x-557 you mentioned, and then compare to my 5510 flash.

N || || || || Menu || || || || B

U make those sort of menus in ppmedit?

Could someone send in a 557 flash, modified only by ppmedit?
I think I am very interrested in the results of that tool.

I don't mind the quality, just to analyse the tool.
Why I not do myself?, I promised to Mr. Tnp, so I won't.

well.. i only test this cracked version, and i don't distribute flashes modified with ppmedit.
sorry about that, but i'm only testing it.
but.. maybe this one time, if nobody does before me.

slikmik
11-09-2002, 04:04 PM
Wow that idea of the batteyr and signal bars moving toi the bottom is great

I tried it with ppmedit and it works a treat the "animate" button in the prog helps you test your different arrangement after youve altered it and soon after i had a wierd yet spectacular fone.

Obviously its harder to do on fones which have the two bits of text like 8210 where you have MENU and CONTACTS (or something like that) as even tho no text the bars will be covered by "invisible" spaces therefore bars wont show properly

My 3315 tho works great apart from if you keep your finger on C button the symbols and bars dissapear for a short while but this is due to the screen not refreshing properley and hey its minor and i can live with it :)

Anybody know anywhere cheap i can get blue LED's fitted?
Or anybody (experienced) offer the service?

Cheers Guys
Mike

Evil Neo
11-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by GeeZuZz
Very Cool!!

here is a picture of my phone!

I think it works like it should!

cool wich programs you used ? i allready moved the bars but i still have problem that bars can't bee seen only when it locked and when the logo go on it disapper to how can i fix it ?

GeeZuZz
11-09-2002, 05:09 PM
I used PPMedit.

I didn't do anything spesial. It worked on first try - i just changed "menu" to "-=-"

Evil Neo
11-09-2002, 05:19 PM
strange i think i have to try agien :confused:

Harry Zhily
12-09-2002, 02:26 PM
wow... it's great ....

Now I can moved my Net+Bat indicator bar down, as same as Menu possition, well let me say..... it's really look like Bat+Network Bar Motorolla T191 menu .... is really cool...

just find the offset address of Bar+Network, edit them as you like save them, then open with PPMedit bring it the icon and indicator bar down at 40, just do as like... use U'r creatifity......

Thanks to NoKDoc... for a little trick

;) :D ;)

liteFun
12-09-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Harry Zhily
just find the offset address of Bar+Network, edit them as you like save them, then open with PPMedit bring it the icon and indicator bar down at 40, just do as like... use U'r creatifity......

why not do whole thing in ppmedit?
how does that bars work when you press c and your menu text comes to bottom line, i don't like it because then bars disappear.
or is that only a feature in 5510? i don't think so.

Harry Zhily
13-09-2002, 07:24 AM
Hello ,,,,

well... i don't mind if i loose the bar when i press the C button, by the way ... if you wanna the see the bar just pres C button before the keypad lock.... then you bar icon won't be dissepear,

but if you wanna see the bar dissepear press C then before keypad lock.... I think it is fun....

:D :D :D

Welsh_J_2000
24-09-2002, 11:50 PM
Hey, im really REALLY new at this kind of thing, i was well impressed with myself when i fixed a contact service error, thats how new i am! lol! could someone give me a step by step, detailed explanation on how to move the signal & battery bars on a 3310! thank you so much.

wozza
25-09-2002, 09:19 AM
yeah.. a step by step thing would be damned cool :)

Harry Zhily
25-09-2002, 12:28 PM
hi guys...

I was Succed remove my Bar+network Indikator.
It was a simple way to do it, but it will have a good result on 3310/3315 any version, sorry my english is really worse... so i can't give the good explenation..the detail

Maybe Mr. NOKDOC will help you guy's... ask for Him... about the detail...

Good Luck !!!

to Mr. NOKDOC

Hows my flash file with the large menu... you promissed to send it to me.......

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are here to help each other................

GeeZuZz
25-09-2002, 03:09 PM
Harry Zhily: what's the point in removing them?

I suppose it could be done by change the bitmap of the bars to a blank picture? And maybe move all bars on top of each other?

Or maybe just place them outside the display.

welshwizard
25-09-2002, 04:27 PM
Geezuzz, u just gave me a good idea.... i think.... thanks!!! :D

Harry Zhily
25-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Hi guys...

I Just only moved the net+bat indicator and also change the size of Bat and Net icon... I guess nothing special... ...

By the way I've tried saveral time to upload my Mod Flash file... but didn't work... it is hard to upload file in this forum, isn't it?

----------------------------------------------------
We are here to help each other..................

NokiaFX
26-09-2002, 01:26 AM
I was just wondering if this is the same for everyone? Ive modified an 8250 with Network indicator at the top and Battery indicator at the bottom... however i noticed that it doesnt display the usuall indicator when charging, so it doesnt scroll like it normally does when you plug in a charger, it just displays the battery symbol, is this normal please???

GeeZuZz
26-09-2002, 11:23 AM
NokiaFX:

I have the same "problem" with my phone (see attachment in my other post).

But it works sometimes!

NokiaFX
26-09-2002, 12:33 PM
Strange, the indicator doesnt seem to work properly at all, it doesnt go down, the battery one remains on 3 bars but occasionally goes up to 4... but it never actually goes lower even when the battery is dead, its really strange...
Im going to try moving it to another position to see if that helps at all :) its a pretty cool feature though, the screensavers on the 8250 look much better with the items removed from the sides :)

victor
27-09-2002, 04:33 AM
hey guys, i'm facing some problem here. Pls have a look on my mobile phone 1st from the attachment.

i've change the position of my 8250's battery & network bar to the middle.

But when i flash it into my phone (except on when Turning on my 8250 i can see battery bars) but after i've enter my Pin code... phone started, i can't see any battery bars and network bars

can anyone of u guide me?

4 ur information, i use PPMEdit.

theremoids
27-09-2002, 04:49 AM
@victor... won't work with ppmedit... the same happened with my 6210.

slikmik
27-09-2002, 11:37 AM
As nokdoc said earlier in this thread the screen is split into segments and has different refresh rates for each bit.

Many people have moved signal battery bars on 3315 to the bottom and they occasionally disappear until you press C or something. :rolleyes:

On the 8250 with you not having a simple menu button and having two texts the segments are different and the bars dont show up :eek:

Mike

Harry Zhily
27-09-2002, 12:55 PM
Hi guy's

I guess if you wanna moved your Bat+Net Indicator, you should decrease the size of indicator (used NOKHEX).

I found problem before i decreased my 8250 Net + Bar, the problem is : when there's a unanswered call, the message will crash with the Net indicator, thats way you should decreased it.

Good Luck....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are here to Help each other..............

NokiaPhreak
27-09-2002, 02:06 PM
I think for 8210/8250 in language english is okay for the sig+bat bar display in bottom, but when change to other unicode language like chinese, it properly didn't show up correctly.

Since chinese language is bigger in size...

victor
27-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Gee.... so wat should i do now?

Is there anyway??

my flash totally can't see any bars?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

shmike
23-12-2002, 01:08 PM
I've used PPMEdit to modify the bar graphics and also a menu animation. The flash file is 3310 05.79. After doing the changes, I went into PPM Manager 0.91 (beta) and clicked on "Update all PPM CRCs". I then flashed the edited file to my phone and straight away I got the "CONTACT SERVICE" error.. I even had to pull the battery out just to turn it off again :P

Can anyone help me with this? (if this thread is still even active)

homicidal10denC
23-12-2002, 06:16 PM
use a different program to update the crc's.
for example, try the nokiafree program, or chkfixer...

shmike
29-12-2002, 07:45 AM
Hmm fair enough.. I haven't actually tried using another program to update the checksums... I just flashed it to the phone and it worked by itself this time :)

slikmik
29-12-2002, 05:34 PM
menu graphics stored in MCU so why would correcting PPm checksums in ppm manager help?
ofcourse it give contact service so simply either kill the checks simply with g3n0lite or chk-killer etc or correct mcu using NFREE1.2 and if you edit any ppm correct with ppm manager

Mike

shmike
30-12-2002, 03:53 AM
Ahhh I see.. thanks for that mate

domsat
03-01-2003, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Harry Zhily
[B]Hi guy's

I guess if you wanna moved your Bat+Net Indicator, you should decrease the size of indicator (used NOKHEX).

I found problem before i decreased my 8250 Net + Bar, the problem is : when there's a unanswered call, the message will crash with the Net indicator, thats way you should decreased it.

Good Luck....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry,
Just opening an old subject...

Am using your modified 3315 fls for quiet sometime already and still can't get the bat and net bar down as you did it. Can you please explain it to me again? I believe I will just use ppmedit?

thanks, bro....(been sleeping these past days)
:)

REYESITO
05-01-2003, 04:54 AM
as I believe the graphic modifying the flashfile directly using nokiahex??

without logomanager
:p :rolleyes: :confused:

|nTeL
05-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Can somebody help me here,i tried to download the attachment above,but it was in .php format instead of .bmp

Can somebody help me out here

Thx

w0rf
04-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Ok..have been playing with this a bit

I'm starting to get it bits by bits.

I used the info in this thread+http://216.239.39.120/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.geocities.com/ets_gsm/Indikator/index.htm

Well..and nothing is better then a little excersice
so I tried to parse the indicator table from 3330 5.06
then same for zones:)
found it thx to nokdocs his hints:)

Now, my problem is..I decided to move the bars left and right down..so..I move them in the indicator table, put the zones lower too, make the menutext zone smaller..so far no problem.

But I wanted to try to make the top zone bigger too..
Found it in the zone table..made it the whole width of the screen.

the nice part..it seems to autofit to the place it has..bad part
if u don't press escape after getting to the main screen
there are 5 pix empty left and right

Someone an idea what i missed??
Don't see any remaining zone useing that particalar area
i moved the bars zones low enough..BELOW 7 pix (top zone height)

anyway..I have my excersice file attached, its not a tutorial, just a parsed example with some comments..lotsa bullshit:)

w0rf
06-02-2003, 10:08 AM
btw, is there also a way to show those 2nd (smaller) bars somewhere..in the menu or so?

coz right now thay ain't used anywhere (as far I can see)