PDA

View Full Version : PIN removal

DaveGSM82
10-09-2002, 03:01 PM
is there a program to remove the pin from sim cards? if so what hardware do i need, VP20?

Dave.

KnOeFz
10-09-2002, 05:39 PM
You can disable pin with every mobile phone... but I gues you're talking bout pins you don't know...
As far as I know there's one way to remove it... that's entering the puk code... wich only the provider can give you :D

-=K=-

Manipulator
11-09-2002, 05:16 AM
if your simcard pin1/pin2 blocked, use can use puk1/puk2 (from your service provider that just for your card).if your puk1/puk2 blocked than the service provider also can't do anything about it.they will just need to change the simcard for you.:o

yokspawn
11-09-2002, 05:28 PM
is there no other way to unblock a simcard without the PUK?

Manipulator
12-09-2002, 09:41 AM
i also hope that there is a way to unblock the puk,or pin without puk.but untill now even you take the sim back to service provider thier also can't do any thing about it except change 1 for you.

DaveGSM82
12-09-2002, 05:42 PM
I had an idea, if the sim is pin locked, will it reqire more current to program (as in putting the wrong pin in?) as we could work out a way to limit the current so that it cant write to itself, then just keep bombing it until the correct pin is found.

What does anyone think?

Dave.

KnOeFz
12-09-2002, 06:24 PM
hmm...
you have 3 attemps to find correct pin... after that 10 attempts to find puk... after that I think a fuse inside the sim blows (not 100% sure about this) so sim will never ever work again...

-=K=-

Manipulator
13-09-2002, 06:18 AM
i think the fuse inside the sim blows in not happen.we still can get the info inside like imei,how many time the sim is block.
the sim can't reprogram because it fuse inside the sim blows after the service provider program it.
correct me if i'm wrong.:p

DaveGSM82
13-09-2002, 09:20 AM
what I was suggesting was that we restrict the power so that the sim cant program itself so that it knows its been pin blocked, then just keep retrying the pin as it would most likely just reset itself every time if there was not enough power.

Dave.

brakk_
13-09-2002, 10:49 AM
*mistake*
by cloning 'locked' pre-payed card, simscan has by-passed PIN entry and gave me a perfect clone with default pin (with simmaster 2 read/writer)

this card has been cloned just at time i was needing puk code

i have no 'logical' explaination, neither i know why or how it was possible and if it's due to hardware or software mystake but it has worked

anyone got an idea?

DaveGSM82
13-09-2002, 10:56 AM
@ brakk_

is there any chance I can get my grubby little hands on the software you used? also, I have a milenium programmer v1.6 (for on-digital cards) which I was given and i was wondering if it could be used to program sim's.

Thanx 4 yer help,
Dave.

DaveGSM82
13-09-2002, 10:58 AM
oops... sory mate I didnt read your post right. I already have simscan, so will my programmer work?

Dave.

brakk_
13-09-2002, 11:05 AM
just a problem:
it don't know how it was possible
maybe a strange combinaton with laptop power supply / simscan 1.33 / simmaster 2

i really don't know..

Manipulator
16-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by brakk_
*mistake*
by cloning 'locked' pre-payed card, simscan has by-passed PIN entry and gave me a perfect clone with default pin (with simmaster 2 read/writer)

this card has been cloned just at time i was needing puk code

i have no 'logical' explaination, neither i know why or how it was possible and if it's due to hardware or software mystake but it has worked

anyone got an idea?

how you do it.for me,i can't read a pin1 blocked card with simscan using simscan reader.

brakk_
20-09-2002, 03:05 AM
i don't know HOW but it's done...
my own card ask for puk (i haven't)... but clone works
i just reapeat that simscan don't ask for pin at imsi/ki search

salias
23-09-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by DaveGSM82
oops... sory mate I didnt read your post right. I already have simscan, so will my programmer work?

Dave.

Dave,

I have a smartcard reader USB type. Can i used this smart reader to read my SIM card. Can you give me a copy of the software...

brakk_
23-09-2002, 06:06 PM
@salias

hi, you can download sim_scan (and other soft u need) at users.net.yu/~dejan/ (http://users.net.yu/~dejan/)

DaveGSM82
23-09-2002, 06:20 PM
when I try to find ki/imsi my computer either freezes or reports an error, "par3.bin not found". anyone else had this prob?

dave.

brakk_
23-09-2002, 06:59 PM
par3.bin are sure it isn't par2?
par3 is bundled with simscan, par2 is generated at first use

btw (if it's par3) try reinstall simscan but make backup of par2.bin, no need to loose time by re-generate it

DaveGSM82
23-09-2002, 07:42 PM
I'm having real problems at the mo, simscan just freezes my computer, its a P3 600mhz running 98 so Im told it would have no probs. anyone got any solutions?

Dave.

salias
24-09-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by brakk_
@salias

hi, you can download sim_scan (and other soft u need) at users.net.yu/~dejan/ (http://users.net.yu/~dejan/)

Thk u for your response. The sofware that your proposed is for dos version. any other link for windows version which supported USB port.

brakk_
26-09-2002, 02:24 PM
@salias
just open it in dos sesion
(no screensavers and full screen)
if u have win2k someone has posted a solution with an extended dos at boot

jerry
26-09-2002, 03:21 PM
H!!!:) :) :) Just want to know if i performed sim cloning, will the clone will also received the text messages received by the original sim? Thanks. Wht's the purpose of sim cloning anyway?Thanks for your feedback guys;)

DaveGSM82
27-09-2002, 06:39 PM
can anyone with experiece of sim_scan please help me. I have tried using dejans sim scan on my PENTIUM 3 laptop But it just sits there for a few seconds and then locks up the entire system (i.e not even able to move the mouse pointer!) can someone please take the time to respond to this as I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks, Dave.:roll:

DaveGSM82
27-09-2002, 06:41 PM
oh by the way I should say that this happens when I try to find ki and IMSI with simscan v1.33.

Thanks, Dave.

brakk_
27-09-2002, 09:55 PM
@Dave
maybe conflict with resident energy management...
desactive all stuff who can interfer with simscna: screensaver, APM
don't use laptop without AC adaptator
put simscan in fullscreen mode

if u know all of that and done that, then try to boot your laptop with extended DOS without launching windows
another way is tunig .pif environement for simscan dos session (maybe memory gestion fails somewhere)

last thing... was your par2.bin generated without problem?

regardz...

DaveGSM82
28-09-2002, 09:32 PM
I closed everything down exept the essentials and ran it in full screen mode, tryed it with ac power and without ac power. still no luck, par2.bin was created with no probs.

Ok so how do I start dos in extended mode? I tried running it in DOS (without win) and it said it wouldnt run without a 32bit DPMI controler or something to that effect.

Any more ideas? this one baffles the hell out of me.

brakk_
29-09-2002, 04:39 PM
anyone has posted a dpmi 'driver' in another thread..
in "cloning Sim cards" (the big one)

http://nokiafree.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=23729

brakk_
07-10-2002, 09:15 AM
always wont work??

is your cpu an AMD ?

DaveGSM82
07-10-2002, 07:12 PM
nope, good old P3 running at 600MHz, 192meg ram and win 98se.

any clues?

Dave.

megordon2002
07-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Dave,

I mentioned it in another thread, i could not use Sim_scan, only got errors, etc...

You have to download dexdebug from Dejan's site.
Put everything in c:\sim_scan.
Boot your PC in Dos mode with a 1.44 disk and run sim_scan through dexdebug in dos mode. Then if you escape dexdebug, sim_scan will run on its own and it will work.
To save time, download par2.bin.
Hope this helps.

Oops, i fogot .... you have to disable pin1 first, if not it won't work, furthermore, there is no way to disable the pin if you don't know it unless you know the PUK.

MG.

Blootoon
08-10-2002, 01:16 AM
For all of you folks having problems with par2.bin. Load up sim scan and then press ALT+ENTER to put sim scan into full screen mode, now go to read the IMSI & KI, it will seem like it has locked up BUT LEAVE IT, it is prepairing to generate PAR2.BIN. It will take approximately an hour to generate.

Once that is done, you may continue as normal.

If you need to exit at any time then just hit enter, it will save what has been read to a temporary file which can be resumed at any time. But remember to use full screen.

If that doesnt work, then try it again with windows loaded in safe mode.

Hope this is of some help to anyone having problems with PAR2.BIN,
Steven