PDA

View Full Version : 6210 with heavy problems!

ece
10-09-2002, 11:06 PM
Hi there!

Iīve occured a really bad problem with a 6210 that just wonīt go away.
It all started with a easy flash (sequrity code remove flash only) to get rid of the sequrity code that was locked. I flashed it and then - NO network, so I updated the FAID, AuthID and did everything I could to get it to work but nothing helped!?!

Ok! Plan B..
Iīve another 6210 and I took a backup from that and flashed it to the problem child, changed IMEI to itīs original, and etc, etc...
NO network !?!

Plan C..
I reflashed the phone with itīs original backup that I made from the beginning and tried Knok 22 - well u can guess what happened...
NO network

Iīm really getting frustrated about this now and I would really be truly happy if someone could help me with this.

Thanks in advance
/ece

LEE
11-09-2002, 12:10 AM
have you tried unlocking the phone and useing a differant sim card from a differant network provider.

my guess is that you have "FOUND" this phone, and that is why you dont know the security code, and that the phone was origionaly on orange or 1 2 1, and that the phone has been blocked.

try a vodafone or bt cellnet sim card and see how you go

lolly

ece
11-09-2002, 07:27 AM
I guess that I didnīt gave all information about this :p
If the phone was "found" somewhere then it wouldnīt been an issue for me, because I could change the IMEI real easy.

Now for just plain double check I changed the IMEI to the IMEI on my own 6210 and it didnīt help :(

And there is no SP-locks on it, and Iīve tried all the networkproviders here in Sweden(comviq, telia, europolitan).

This is getting more hard to handle then I expected, is there somebody that have experienced the same problem like me?
Iīm beginning to suspect some kind of hardware-failure!?!

thanks in advance / ece

ece
11-09-2002, 09:00 AM
Suddenly it just worked!?
I did nothing new, just reflashed it with itīs original full backup modified with nfree, and updated AuthID :) :) :)
Some days are just not good in this business, some better :) :)

/ ece

ece
11-09-2002, 10:24 AM
The happines was short!
After a couple of minutes I lost the network.
Please help me before Iīm going crazy
Thanks in advance!
/ece

Kent|
12-09-2002, 05:45 PM
I have the exact same problem.. anyone who know this shit?

Its my phone, and i have paid for it! I was going to upgrade it to a 6250, and i have sucessfully done it several times before!

-kent-

phoennixx
12-09-2002, 09:10 PM
i flashed 4 nokia 6210 to 6250 .. and i hadn't any problems...
i tried rolis 4.77 and knok 22 ..,. so i think you should try it like me..but to flash your phone you need an exactly 4,00 MB (4.096 KB) flash file from 6210/6250 ...

1. make a FULL backup
2. flash the new 6210/6250 flash file with rolis 4.77 to your phone and select 6210 to flash (6250 .. select 6210 too)
3 after this start knok and reset sp looks (select 6210 too)...
4 then change the IMEI to the original IMEI (it is on the back of your phone)
5. calculate CHECKSUM with knok 22
6. set quick FAID with knok 22

i hope this helps...

greetz
phoennixx

Kent|
12-09-2002, 11:35 PM
i have done exatly what you describes. And the phone have actually worked after ive flashed it!

First it had network coverage in 3 sec, but after i tok the phone apart and looked inside, it worked perfect in some hours??

Anyone who knows the problem?

ece
12-09-2002, 11:59 PM
Hi there fellas!

Iīve read another thread in this fantastic forum and come to the conclusion that itīs probalby a 6210 specific hardware-failure. Thereīs 2 possible failures, 1st: it can be the antenna connector 2nd: A chip called coppa (or something like that).
For the first prob thereīs a easy fix, itīs dowloadable in that thread.
For the second problem therīs no easy fix :(

I read this yesterday or the day before so I donīt remember which thread it was, but I searched for "no network +6210".
Try it and you will find very much information about this!

Br /ece

Kent|
13-09-2002, 01:16 AM
I have sen it.. looks interesting...

Anyway, my phone with Netmonitor 01 says:

55 -78 xxx
0 0 x xxxx
38 38
CCCH

But no signal... is this a hardware faillure or software?

-kent-