PDA

View Full Version : GX20 Problem on T-Mobile Please help

danmax
07-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi
I am new to this so bear with me please...
I had my GX20 unlocked at a shop, it has unlocked but about 90% of the time after a call/text or wap the phone locks as in I can't make or recieve calls. the only way to get past it that I have found is to power off the phone then switch it on again but as you can imagine this is a pain.
I downloaded and used the Sharp Unlocker 31 from the forum link and used it as stated but I still have the same problem.
another point I should make is that the screen when viewing messages o contacts has about 5 or 6 lines of............................ at the bottom of the screen
if anyone can help or point me in the right direction of help I would be forever in your debt

Thanks in advanced

Crux
08-04-2004, 12:37 PM
ask for support for who unlocked ur phone. i never saw that problem. or try to make a full reset to ur phone or even re-flash it again.

danmax
10-04-2004, 06:10 PM
ask for support for who unlocked ur phone. i never saw that problem. or try to make a full reset to ur phone or even re-flash it again.
is there any software to do a full reset because I took it back to the shop but the same problem is there. I have used unlocker from this site but again same thing is this the only unlocker available

Crux
11-04-2004, 12:18 PM
u will need to flash it mate. sorry

danmax
11-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Sorry for being a total noob
but how do i do that?

Cheers

JAC
12-04-2004, 02:25 AM
Some important notes to consider before attempting to do a complete flash.
Firstly make sure you are using the correct version firmware.
Secondly make sure your cable is a COM port cable, not a USB one!
Thirdly be patient with the GX series phones, as they are slower to respond and reset after flashing. Wait for the program and Phone to tell you its finished calculating the checksum.

Crux has a GX20 flash file at http://www.yeldar.co.uk/crux/Sharp/
The flasher is easier to get hold of, just remember to NOT tick the box and erase user data, or it will be bye bye tones and pics!

For your PC, use default COM port settings to flash well.Also charge the battery fully before flashing.

Hope this helps,

JAC
www.jac-computers.co.uk

danmax
12-04-2004, 03:46 AM
Firstly make sure you are using the correct version firmware.

The flasher is easier to get hold of, just remember to NOT tick the box and erase user data,

JAC
www.jac-computers.co.uk

Hi JAC

a couple of questions to ask if you don't mind.

How will I know if the firmware is the correct version
and you mention flasher any chance you can give me the name of it I have got the flash from crux site but to be honest I don't know what to do from there

Cheers for your info and help

Dan

danmax
12-04-2004, 03:52 AM
Just found your guide on the gx10i is this the same process on the gx20

Sorry to be a pain

Cheers

danmax
12-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Hi
Seem to have sorted it by flashing
Thanks for all the info

Much appreciated

Dan :)

JAC
13-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Dan,

Thats great news! As for your questions, I belive its the same as GX10 to flash. My tutorial was really a blanket for the whole GX series phones.

Glad you have it sorted now,

Maybe now, you can pass on your expertise to others as and when its needed. Thats what makes these forums so valuable. Real people trying real solutions. And not forgetting real time experiences like yours!

Regards

JAC

Prega
07-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Dear Jac,
Have a problem with Sharp GX20. The battery went dead during unlocking and the phone just blinks when I turn it on.
I downloaded Unisoft V56 with the GX20 flash and attempted to flash the phone. I get as far as "Press Power Button". When I do the window then says "keep power button". I have held the button down for over 20 mins with no change. Any ideas what could be wrong ??