PDA

View Full Version : New reputation system

man0n
12-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Nokiafree has now a new sistem to rate users post and behavior, its using the new reputation system.

This is active since we have upgraded to vbulletin 3.0, but i think most of users dont know how works exactly, so i am going to explain.

1. All users start with a 10 reputation points.
2. Any user with at least 25 posts and with at least 10 reputation points are allowed to add reputation.
3. Every user can add reputation to 10 different users every 24 h.
4. You must give reputation to 20 different users before you can hit the same person again.

In addition to the reputation points, every user have a reputation altering power points, reputation altering power is the amount of reputationpoints that every user will add or remove every time an user give reputation to an user.

This is what appear when you click in the reputation button of an user:

--------------------------------------
What do you think of user x post?
I approve
I disapprove
Your comments on this post:
--------------------------------------

If you approve you are adding reputation points to this users, the amounts of the reputation points added is your altering power points that you have.
If you disaapprove you are removing or substracting reputation points to this users, the amounts of the reputation points substracted is your altering power points that you have.

How is calculated your reputation altering power points?
Easy, the altering power points is calculated based on Number of days ago the user has been registered at nokiafree,
Number of post of the user and reputation poinsts. You must use this single formula:

altering power points = (days / 90) + (post / 30) + (reputation / 10)

Where
days: Number of days ago the user has been registered at nokiafree.

This is the table of possible reputations depending of the reputation points of the user:

is infamous around these parts -999999
This users has received 3rd. warning to be banned -300
This users has received second warning to be banned -200
This users has received 1st. warning to be banned -100
can only hope to improve -50
has a little shameless behaviour in the past -10
is an unknown quantity at this poINT 0
is on a distinguished road 10
will become famous soon enough 50
has a spectacular aura about 150
is a jewel in the rough 250
is just really nice 350
is a glorious beacon of light 450
is a name known to all 550
is a splendid one to behold 650
has much to be proud of 1000
has a brilliant future 1500
has a reputation beyond repute 2000

You can see the reputation of every user at the right side of every post with green squares.

You can give positive or negative reputation points.

A normal user have usually 10 points, (he have at least 25 posts to allow to give or remove reputations points) by example if he registered 6 months ago and have 40 posts, he have the following altering power points:

Example 1:
180 days = 6 month of membership
40 posts and have 10 reputation points

altering power points = (180 / 90) + (40 / 30) + (10 / 10) = 2 + 1 + 1 =4

That means that everytime that he give or remove reputation to an user he will give only +3 points or will remove -3 points respectively.

Example 2:
Profile of a nokiafree veteran:
365 days = 1 year of membership
500 posts and have 10 reputation points

altering power points = (365 / 90) + (500 / 30) + (10 / 10) = 4 + 16 + 1 = 21
That means that everytime that he give or remove reputation to an user he will give +55 points or will remove -55 points respectively.

Moderators have additional altering reputation power, because when they add reputation points to an user its because he really is good, or in the other case when they substract reputation points its the user is going to be warned to be banned, so we will use this system now to give users 1, 2 or 3 warns to the users before they are warned.

I hope you like this reputation system, if you have any comments, suggestions, please let me know.

Alinus
14-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Thank you for your efforts to improve NokiaFree.org daily life !

I already tested the system on your post ;)

Wouwz
16-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Ye the system is great, i'm sure this will encourge people to post more usefull posts and to have respect for other members.

farsh2002
17-04-2004, 03:07 PM
if you have any comments, suggestions, please let me know.

Hi, Mr. man0n!
When new user joined he has "Registered User"

It'll be wery good if You make this thing as reputation like a "Junior member", "Member", "Gold member", "Veteran" ..... or something like this. (I think this option worked before)

Thanks for great forum and for Your great work!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks again!

gophermaster
03-05-2004, 01:56 PM
I've seen that done on a couple of other forums, It's a good idea.

Anyway, Keep up the good work guys!

Cosmictej
13-05-2004, 10:04 AM
People are abusing the system and giving negative reputation points, for no such reason. I know this as I was given them

real_inn
10-11-2004, 06:21 AM
well Moderators,

I am unable to see the reputation points, How can i view my repulation points, sorry if i am acting like a novice, but i am really unable to search reputation points.. i am unable to see that green Bar in the forum..

lemme know waht it can be?

Thx in adv.

Yotamz
10-11-2004, 09:28 PM
the reputation was displayed as a little green box(es) if you had a positive reputation, or red box(es) if it was negative, on the right side of the screen, below your posts number.

we had this reputation system for a while, but it prooved itself to be ineffective, and it has been disabled.

real_inn
11-11-2004, 04:41 AM
So presently we are not having any reputation system?

And what is this referal system for? I mean i have refered a person and it is there in my account saying 1, but what is the use of it??

thx in adv.

Yotamz
11-11-2004, 10:14 PM
So presently we are not having any reputation system?
yes.

reputation is earned, like respect, for the things you do.
you don't need some green boxes to show you "how much respect you have".
--

about referals, when you give a link with your member id to someone, and he/she registers to the forum using that link - you will get 1 referal.

basically, it does not do anything.. only shows you.. (and whoever is interested) how many people you "braught" to the forum.
it is part of the standard forum software.. it came with it :-)

mcbosher
29-05-2005, 07:42 PM
:-? Hi guyz... ( and gals )...
The forums are way good and all but i was just wondering about what one of our collegues here @ nokia free said about getting negative points all just over some fools <( perhaps ) abusing the system..?
Before long you may have a lot of members ALL claiming to have been subject to this abuse even when they were the ones abusing others ( obviously to avoid being banned ? )
Is there anything you plan to do?
just wondering .. you know?
thanx :-?