PDA

View Full Version : Mados embed now over 200k in size...?

NokiaFlashUser
14-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Hi i just updated mados and compiled a fullembed and the file come to 238k i deleted all ringtones other operators not needed and languages but still 30k short any ideas ??? :rolleyes:

GsmCyber
14-04-2004, 09:43 PM
hehehe... the provider list i've made it's big :p use EMBED mode :p

Regards

NokiaFlashUser
14-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Cool how does that work do you have to search through the list then select the code or input it manually after you have found the correct one btw does it include any gid1s for the uk, btw im still have problems getting a flash to work when i run the shortkey on 5 i get a quick screen in the left it says something like "k p d" then it reboots no matter how i patch in g3nolite 3310 old or new im starting to get fed up LOL also fullembedded is definately out of the question its 240k omg...

thanks NFU

GsmCyber
14-04-2004, 10:02 PM
u need to type the code manually... but is easy to find the code because i made the list in alphabetic order... u can find the MCC+MNC/GID1 codes :p ...

NokiaFlashUser
14-04-2004, 10:24 PM
I need to ask you a really big favour as im having problems patching mados om my 3310v6.33 could you compile me a embedded flash for my 3310 and patch it for me in genolite using shortkey 5, if you are to busy i understand but i would very much appreciate it...

Thanx NFU... :rolleyes:

GsmCyber
15-04-2004, 12:09 AM
why u don't use my flash?! or project A flash?! or sirch flash?! :p

Regards

NokiaFlashUser
15-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Hello i just just wanted a new flash with with latest updates as of now thats all just mados nothing else.. :)

danwood76
15-04-2004, 11:08 AM
hehehe... the provider list i've made it's big :p use EMBED mode :p

Regards

Ahhh its you who is at fault :p
I had to comment out some of the main.c because some of the network menu entrys werent correct :(

regards,
Danny

GsmCyber
15-04-2004, 01:15 PM
?!

it's all working with me :p ...

Regards

NokiaFlashUser
15-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Gsmcyber have you any ideas why i get these errors when applying the fast_mados shortkey patch ?? cheers :-x btw is it normal to get fatal errors running the shortkey main and fast mados scripts could somebody please post there working scripts so that i can try them as mine are not working properly and what 3310 firmware version is best to patch as i have been trying on v6.33 with no luck thx in advance :)

GsmCyber
15-04-2004, 10:39 PM
"nice... it's ready. report bugz & wishes.
otherwise have fun."

What's the problem?! it's fine... use version 6.07...

g3gg0
16-04-2004, 03:04 AM
Ahhh its you who is at fault :p
I had to comment out some of the main.c because some of the network menu entrys werent correct :(

regards,
Danny

because of some compile error in embed mode?
can u rightclick the main.c and select "diff selection"
and post the differences (log window) ?

danwood76
16-04-2004, 10:38 AM
The Error I got came up in every mode I tried
eg, fullembed, standalone, etc.

here is the changes:

< {MENU_T_FIELD, 9, NULL, &bmp_Apps, "Apps"}
---
> {MENU_T_FIELD, 8, NULL, &bmp_Apps, "Apps"}
2091c2091
< {MENU_T_LIST, 3, NULL, NULL, "Nokia"}
---
> {MENU_T_LIST, 2, NULL, NULL, "Nokia"}
2113c2113
< {MENU_T_FIELD, 3, NULL, NULL, "Network"}
---
> /* {MENU_T_FIELD, 3, NULL, NULL, "Network"}
2120c2120

I also had to comment out the gallery entry also
these are the errors I got when compiling:

apps/main.o(.rodata+0x398): undefined reference to `network_country'
apps/main.o(.rodata+0x3a8): undefined reference to `network_provider'
apps/main.o(.rodata+0x3b8): undefined reference to `network_mcc_mnc_gid1'
apps/main.o(.rodata+0x5c8): undefined reference to `gallery_type'
apps/main.o(.rodata+0x5d8): undefined reference to `gallery_imss'
apps/main.o(.rodata+0x5e8): undefined reference to `gallery_view'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

that is why I changed my main.c :)

regards,
Danny

danwood76
16-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Gsmcyber have you any ideas why i get these errors when applying the fast_mados shortkey patch ?? cheers :-x btw is it normal to get fatal errors running the shortkey main and fast mados scripts could somebody please post there working scripts so that i can try them as mine are not working properly and what 3310 firmware version is best to patch as i have been trying on v6.33 with no luck thx in advance :)

The reason for the fatal errors is because of safe RAM
when the box pops up saying 'please choose' and you select 3310 New
set safe RAM to 00100D04 this will solve your problem :)

regards,
Danny

GsmCyber
16-04-2004, 01:50 PM
danwood76: update again the wincvs because it's working fine with me... :p

danwood76
16-04-2004, 04:57 PM
It works now :-?
Cool :)

Out of interest in main.c the bomberman and the other game are commented do they work alright?

thanks,
Danny

GsmCyber
16-04-2004, 08:23 PM
It works now :-?
Cool :)

Out of interest in main.c the bomberman and the other game are commented do they work alright?

thanks,
Danny

i don't think so :(

NokiaFlashUser
16-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi i tried what you said danny about changing the saferam and it patched perfectly with no errors but when i press my shortkey to enter mados the phone says K P D done and switches off hhmmm any ideas m8 its driving me up the wall.... :-x 1 more question do i have to patch 5eo functions as i have not been doing this.... Could somebody post exactly what they do after they have compiled the mados flash just a quick run through in case im missing something....

Thx in advance NFU

NokiaFlashUser
16-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Haha at last i finally sorted out my problem it was to do with wincvs ive just installed the latest 1 and run the checkout and it catched some things 1.2 was,nt seeing on the server very odd anyways thanx for you help...

NFU....

NokiaFlashUser
17-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Hmm spoke to soon i tried an embeded flash and the phone still switches off what is the cause of this i set the saferam to 00100D04 but still no luck only with standalone i only have the 1 phone so its not practical to have standalone on it i need an embeded flash could someone help

thanx nfu :)

danwood76
17-04-2004, 07:31 PM
It may be to do with the phone type you have selected

Before I have had this problem :(
Set it to 3310_old and see if the problem is still there

Also try to create a standalone flash and see if that works

regards,
Danny

NokiaFlashUser
17-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi danny i first tried a new standalone flash for the 3310 and that did not work so i tried a standalone old that works nice to see the timer working ok, so then i compiled a 3310 embed old and still cannot get it work i even deleted my cygwin folder installed the new wincvs and did a full checkout but no luck but other peoples mados works ?? BTW is it normal to get fatal errors running the shortkey_main and fast_mados scripts because i get errors off both of these ??

sk3done
18-04-2004, 11:40 AM
all i get when i try to run embeded ful is ram io full or summit like that i have cleared 510426 byts from flash and there is nutting else missing

sorry nearlly forgot this is with 3310 old full embed

danwood76
18-04-2004, 11:47 AM
I will try to make an embed and see if it is ok
I will post when it is done :)

regards,
Danny

NokiaFlashUser
18-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Ok thanks danny i appreciate your help.... cheers i can,t wait to test it

kraze1984
19-04-2004, 06:58 PM
i don't think so :(
Yes, Bomberman is not finished. There is only a head, running and dropping bombs.
TicTacToe has some bugs in AI and in the same program. Although it's rather playable, if you play it at two on same mobile :)

Hi i tried what you said danny about changing the saferam and it patched perfectly with no errors but when i press my shortkey to enter mados the phone says K P D done and switches off hhmmm any ideas m8 its driving me up the wall.... 1 more question do i have to patch 5eo functions as i have not been doing this.... Could somebody post exactly what they do after they have compiled the mados flash just a quick run through in case im missing something....

Thx in advance NFU
The problem is in the new animation which shows the fone charging, if it is off and connected to a charger. Standalone causes no problems, but in FULLEMBEd they are. If you don't like programming and like arcade games :) then as soon as you reboot to MADos press quickly power button. then MADos will load. As for me i solved it in main.c, commenting the piece of code responsible for loading the animated picture.

g3gg0
10-05-2004, 02:56 AM
The reason for the fatal errors is because of safe RAM
when the box pops up saying 'please choose' and you select 3310 New
set safe RAM to 00100D04 this will solve your problem :)

regards,
Danny

WRONG

select 00100014

BLKBKM
23-06-2004, 08:07 PM
kraze1984 please tell us what line u commented in main.c...

did u loose the hands animation? or the charging animation?

10x,
alex