PDA

View Full Version : 8210 Can be power ON only using power supply

stallone1
12-09-2002, 01:19 PM
any one face before a nokia 8210 only can be power ON using power supply and when you use battery its doesnt power ON
And sometime its Auto off when the operator logo show up.

1) i have changed the ON/OFF switch
2) Changed power IV+C/CCont

FixIt
12-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Check how much current is being drawn. I have had it where PA is blown and discharges battery.

stallone1
13-09-2002, 03:29 AM
The current doesnt drawn like a normal new 8210 ten its a bit lower . and i have change the P/A too now still the same :(

stallone1
13-09-2002, 03:34 AM
any one face before a nokia 8210 only can be power ON using power supply when u short it and when you use battery its doesnt power ON
And sometime its Auto off when the operator logo show up. (using power supply)
When you didnt short it and try use the ON/OFF switch the power supply current drawn a bit only ( using power supply)

3) Changed P/A

mycomms
13-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by stallone1
any one face before a nokia 8210 only can be power ON using power supply when u short it and when you use battery its doesnt power ON
And sometime its Auto off when the operator logo show up. (using power supply)
When you didnt short it and try use the ON/OFF switch the power supply current drawn a bit only ( using power supply)

3) Changed P/A

@stallone1

hi bro, have u tried changing the 13 mhz - clock crystal ? or try to change one...then reflow all the ceramic caps around the 13 mhz(clock crystal).... :P

DaveGSM82
13-09-2002, 10:51 AM
can you give us a value for the current drawn during startup? the fone may be in protect mode if the battery can not supply the startup current needed. is there anything getting warm or even hot in the phone? someone said that the little packages which house 4-5 zener diodes (like on the sim card) can cause this sort of fault.

Dave.

stallone1
13-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Hi daveGSM : i dont understand this part

? )someone said that the little packages which house 4-5 zener diodes (like on the sim card) can cause this sort of fault.

Mycomms: i have try to change the 13 mhz already too :(

attached the power supply current hit jpg

when i using power supply without short its power ON it hit to
0.1 and drop to zero

when i using power supply to short it power ON the current hit
to 0.1 only

stallone1
13-09-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by stallone1
Hi daveGSM : i dont understand this part

? )someone said that the little packages which house 4-5 zener diodes (like on the sim card) can cause this sort of fault.

Mycomms: i have try to change the 13 mhz already too :(

attached the power supply current hit jpg

when i using power supply without short its power ON it hit to
0.1 and drop to zero

when i using power supply to short it power ON the current hit
to 0.1 only

sorry this is the correct supply.jpg ahhahaha attached the ericsson log picture

DaveGSM82
13-09-2002, 05:08 PM
bit of a daft question, is the scale in amps? milliamps?

Cheers,
Dave.

stallone1
14-09-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by DaveGSM82
bit of a daft question, is the scale in amps? milliamps?

Cheers,
Dave.

its' millimamp

DaveGSM82
14-09-2002, 03:27 PM
well I think you can rule out protect mode, 0.1ma seems a bit low even for protect mode (should be about 5ma until watchdog timer cuts all power I think). could be MAD error, unlikely tho, it should still draw current. I dont know, I'm baffled, sorry I couldnt help more.

Dave.

stallone1
16-09-2002, 04:49 AM
kindly let me know what is the resisitor number of the watchdog and MAD?

DaveGSM82
16-09-2002, 10:15 AM
cant quite remember which Ic the watchdog is in, I think its the ccont, read the service manual (you can get one from www.gsm-free.com) and look for the watchdog signal line, there will be a pad you can measure the voltage of somewhere. If it goes high then I think the watchdog is disabling power up. the service manual will tell you how to find this and how to rectify it.

Dave.