PDA

View Full Version : Can Anybody Help

angie_babe
18-04-2004, 03:43 PM
HI PPL
i have unclocked the nokia 5110 to go on all network well i thought i had it was on vodafone to virgin it says it un blocked but there is no signal on the fone now with the virgin sim card in but when i put it back to the vodafone sim its ok as anybody got any ideas :rolleyes:

RaulAlonzo
19-04-2004, 11:24 PM
hi angie_babe

I work for a service provider here in the states. When we have that problem with our customers and their sims and phones not getting signal we check the network settings. You might want to do that and switch them to see if you get signal. If that corrects you problem let me know.

RaulAlonzo

Yotamz
20-04-2004, 02:18 PM
moved to correct section.

5110 is dct3.

JCena
20-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Hi angie_babe] When I worked for the link we found that if you put a virgin sim into another handset it would not find the network, but if you go to phone settings and do a manual search for the network itr will find it, tuis may come under T-Mobile, One2One or Virgin. If this does not work let me know. From Jcena

cjard
20-04-2004, 07:31 PM
HI PPL
i have unclocked the nokia 5110 to go on all network well i thought i had it was on vodafone to virgin it says it un blocked but there is no signal on the fone now with the virgin sim card in but when i put it back to the vodafone sim its ok as anybody got any ideas :rolleyes:

the 5110 is a a single band phone. vodafone is on one band (1800 MHz), virgin uses the t-mobile network, which is on another (900MHz)

its a bit like trying to recieve an FM radio station on an AM radio.. you cant.

you will NEVER get your vodaphone based 5110 to work on orange, tmobile or virgin. it will only ever work on cellnet and vodafone. the cost of conversion far exceeds the cost of e.g. a brand new 3410 (40 quid from ADSA).
throw it away and get a dual band (AM and FM) phone (virtually every phone nokia did after the 5110 is dual band)...

cjard
21-04-2004, 11:47 AM
OOPS.. I EDITED MY POST (and it causes it to become invisible on some computers)
Here's what the post above says (if you cant see it):

the 5110 is a a single band phone. vodafone is on one band (1800 MHz), virgin uses the t-mobile network, which is on another (900MHz)

its a bit like trying to recieve an FM radio station on an AM radio.. you cant.

you will NEVER get your vodaphone based 5110 to work on orange, tmobile or virgin. it will only ever work on cellnet and vodafone. the cost of conversion far exceeds the cost of e.g. a brand new 3410 (40 quid from ADSA).
throw it away and get a dual band (AM and FM) phone (virtually every phone nokia did after the 5110 is dual band)...