PDA

View Full Version : Edited posts become invisible..

cjard
21-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Can someone sort this issue out? It's a pain in the backside having to highlight every single post that has been edited, just so it can be read.. And its not something that most people will know

Heck, upgrade/switch to another forum software if necessary.. or at least change the board software so that is says at the bottom of a post:

last edited by cjard [time] - IF IT APPEARS INVISIBLE, THEN HIGHLIGHT THE TEXT IN THE POST

gophermaster
21-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I get that problem too. It's sort of annoying. Especially when lots of people in a thread have edited their posts.

danwood76
21-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Just press Ctrl + A which selects all then it is all visible :)

I think man0n has spent some time trying to sort this problem out but didnt fix it unfortunatly

It is just one of those things we have to live with :)
I dont mind it but I guess I am used to it

regards,
Danny

tzeonn
21-04-2004, 04:09 PM
well, i cant see edited posts too, but when i scroll down to another post, den scroll back up to the edited one, i can see it all. maybe its only me, but no prob for me.

NokDoc
21-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi,

I just noticed another problem.

People start opening new threads everytime bout the same problems.

NokDoc

danwood76
21-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Yes,

this is probably the 1000'th thread on this matter
and answer is always the same

Danny

FU_Too
25-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Can someone sort this issue out? It's a pain in the backside having to highlight every single post that has been edited, just so it can be read.. And its not something that most people will know

Heck, upgrade/switch to another forum software if necessary.. or at least change the board software so that is says at the bottom of a post:

last edited by cjard [time] - IF IT APPEARS INVISIBLE, THEN HIGHLIGHT THE TEXT IN THE POST maybe its deliberate so when a moderator decides to edit post needlessly it becomes invisable :lol:
but seriously there seems to be some over eager editing with this example
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t61240/h/s.html Someone saying if you want help email me. got edited and told to read the rules which actually say we should use emails or pms. Still a bit off topic and I suppose could be edited so not seen :lol: unless as we do, highlight it if we really interested in the post.

danwood76
25-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Please do not question a moderators actions!

We have got a lot to do here on nfree with some 90,000 users and people posting in the wrong sections etc.
When we see an e-mail address 99 times out of 100 it is a send me too post and believe me I see alot of them and its hard work!!
The rules say use e-mails but it does say PM?
PM is quicker and easier use it!

this is not the right thread for this discussion,
Danny

FU_Too
26-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Please do not question a moderators actions!

We have got a lot to do here on nfree with some 90,000 users and people posting in the wrong sections etc.
When we see an e-mail address 99 times out of 100 it is a send me too post and believe me I see alot of them and its hard work!!
The rules say use e-mails but it does say PM?
PM is quicker and easier use it!

this is not the right thread for this discussion,
DannyI agree with you this is wrong thread and also agree that the mods do a good job with lots to do But to edit and leave this message "nO E-MAIL ME ALOWED HERE READ SOME RULES IT WILL BE GOOD FOR U" besides showing that the actual posting had not been read b4 editing but also a put down for someone who was trying help and to follow the rules by not cluttering up the thread with triviality. I must admit it made me go and check the rules again (which I know we should do anyway) It just seems a little power seems to go to somepeoples heads and nowhere to actually mention it here. :sad:

danwood76
26-04-2004, 09:52 AM
I think what you have to realize is that not everybody on nokiafree can speak perfect english
And that goes for the mods aswell, out af all the moderators here I think that only two of us are actually english so it is enevitable that someone will misenterpret a post at one time or another,
I know that I have in the past

No More...
Danny

FU_Too
26-04-2004, 12:40 PM
I think what you have to realize is that not everybody on nokiafree can speak perfect english
And that goes for the mods aswell, out af all the moderators here I think that only two of us are actually english so it is enevitable that someone will misenterpret a post at one time or another,
I know that I have in the past

No More...
DannyThank you for your reply and your explanation :) You are truly an English Gentleman ;)
rgds
JIm

SmOg
20-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Will it be possible someday to correct this little bug?

AS i see vBulletin Version 3.0.1 is the latest version...

crashynot
20-06-2004, 05:47 PM
I have problems Uploading Images

in other word image uploads but dont display it

tzeonn
20-06-2004, 05:55 PM
as for pix, edit ur posts, then click on the link in manage attachments, then copy and paste your pix link to reply, thats the temp fix.

we are still working on the probs.

crashynot
20-06-2004, 06:00 PM
as for pix, edit ur posts, then click on the link in manage attachments, then copy and paste your pix link to reply, thats the temp fix.

we are still working on the probs.
ok cool
thanks for the quick reply

wat i wanted is to put a pic under my posted reply

like those of gsm schwantz

tzeonn
21-06-2004, 03:41 AM
u mean like a pic in ur siggy?

try uploading it somewhere, rem the link, then use in ur signatures.

N Gage Owner
30-06-2004, 12:42 AM
I have also gotn that problem a couple times now but i just high light it all and you can see it again but its still a paid in the butt

danwood76
30-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Please I have already explained this bug
please do not mention anymore

regards,
Danny

N Gage Owner
30-06-2004, 04:09 AM
danwood are you like a co owner of nokiafree or sumn....just askn?

gophermaster
30-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Danwood76 is one of the moderators here at NokiaFree, so he/she pretty much helps run the place.

danwood76
30-06-2004, 11:15 AM
danwood are you like a co owner of nokiafree or sumn....just askn?

:lol:
No no no
as gophermaster said I am a moderator, I do the behind the scenes stuff ;)
I didnt like the 'he/she' comment but I am a He :D

regards,
Danny

gophermaster
03-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Hehe... Sorry about that. it's just a bit hard to distinguish gender through text... :D