PDA

View Full Version : Creating skins for ultramp3 (mp3 player for symbian)

tzeonn
21-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Okay, I’ve finally figured out how to create my one skins for UltraMP3.
For those of you who don’t know how to do this I’ve written a short manual.
So here it goes.

1. Go to gallery and open the picture u want to use as skin. Pres * and 5 to get the picture full-screen. Make a screenshot of this screen (I use SeleQ for this).

2. Open your file-browser (again, I use SeleQ) and go to where you’re new photo’s are stored. Select the screenshot you’ve just taken, copy it and go to: E\System\Apps\UltraMP3\ (or C:\System\Apps\UltraMP3\ depending on where you’ve installed the app), paste the picture in the RES folder.

3. In the RES folder cut the SKIN.PCX file and paste it to wherever you want for backup. Rename the screenshot in the RES folder to: SKIN.PCX.

4. When you open UltraMP3 select the default skin and you will see your picture/screenshot.

You can also change the language of UltraMP3, but this is more work because you have to change every single word to your language.

The easiest way to do this in on your PC. Download UnMakeSis (my eternal thanks to the person who wrote this app) it’s available on this site, just use the search.
Ones you’ve extracted the UltraMP3.sis file you open ENGLISH.TXT and simply rename all the English words to your language.
Save the new english.txt file and send it to your phone then open your file browser again and copy/paste it in E\System\apps\UltraMP3 and select replace file.

Good luck!

Contributed from Space_monkey of www.nokiafree.org.