PDA

View Full Version : Could Flash cable be used as Data Cable ?

surflife
22-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with a security code on a Nokia 6210 :cry: . Reading a lot of threads arround here :-) , and after uncessfull tried with "Nokia Tool by Rollis Ver 1.8" I think my only chance is to flash the phone, and according to what is written here my cable data can't be use to do it (I tried to Use Knock and it definitivly don't work with data cable .
So, as it is quite expensive, I would like to know if Flash cable can also be used as a Data cable (for exemple to use Nokia Logomanager) or if both are definitively needed ...

I found this :
http://cables2.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=75
but steel looking for cheaper ...

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english (I'm french) :-D

nokia8210lover
22-04-2004, 03:12 PM
You can not use a data cable as a flash cable and the other way round doesnt work either :-)

But you can make a flash cable from a datacable! You have to understand some of electronics and then is not hard to make one. Use an old LTP cable and a few components (search the forum to find out witch one) and use the connector of your datacable to conect is to your phone. It works great :D

Good luck!

surflife
22-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Thank you very much for your answer !
In fact I'm not so good at electronics :cry: , and in this particular case it is a professional mobil phone that was use by someone who left and forget to tell the security code value he obviously changed. So the cable will be payed by the company as far as I found a french reseller that sails the main cable for 14 euros, the 6210 connector for 3 euro, and the delivery cost for 2,5 or 6 depending of the fact you want it to be "delivery traced and guaranty" ...

If someone want the URL of the provider, just let me know as I don't know if it is OK to put it here in the public thread ... :-)

nokia8210lover
22-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Thank you very much for your answer !
In fact I'm not so good at electronics :cry: , and in this particular case it is a professional mobil phone that was use by someone who left and forget to tell the security code value he obviously changed. So the cable will be payed by the company as far as I found a french reseller that sails the main cable for 14 euros, the 6210 connector for 3 euro, and the delivery cost for 2,5 or 6 depending of the fact you want it to be "delivery traced and guaranty" ...

If someone want the URL of the provider, just let me know as I don't know if it is OK to put it here in the public thread ... :-)

Are you sure that you can't read the code with logomanger, eprom tools or some other tool? I havent had any problem reading the sc from a Nokia phone with just a datacable!

Regards.

NokDoc
22-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi,

>> Could Flash cable be used as Data Cable ?

Nop.

To run mbus, U need code running in Ur phone, therefore impossible to flash the chip while this code is running.

Like trying to delete Ur win.exe on Ur pc.

Sure, for reading a flash, mbus could theoretically being used.
(U can always copy win.exe)

But that's not possible without modificating the flashfile itself first.

Since U have a flasher cable, U have an option to read Ur sec code from the flash file itself.

Readout the eeprom, and go see at http://nokiafree.org at what location it is been stored in that data.

>> 3FC000 : Base of EEPROM
>> 3FC136 : Securitycode, 2 byte

Good Luck.

NokDoc

surflife
23-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Are you sure that you can't read the code with logomanger, eprom tools or some other tool? I havent had any problem reading the sc from a Nokia phone with just a datacable!
Regards.
Yes, I can read a security code with "NkProfile" as well as with "Nokia tool by Rolis" but the code they read is not accepted by the phone .. ! :confused:
So according to what I could read here it seems my only chance is to flash the phone ... :cry:

NokDoc-> Thank you for these interesting precisions ! :-) It seems I met some "Master" ones arround here ! :-D

asgaardro
29-04-2004, 02:43 PM
yes it is possible
if u have some electronic knowlege.
in 74hc14 u have 1 inveror unused and u can meke u're montage arownd this pin. or u can use another 74hc14
but u must make a swich to mbus,or tx

surflife
30-04-2004, 11:34 AM
yes it is possible
if u have some electronic knowlege.

Well, I have electronic knowledge, so thank you but well, I found the flash cable for a total of 23 euros (14 for the main cable, 3 for the 6210 specific connector, and 6 for shipping and delivery guaranty) so I gave up to this easy way ... But any way thank you, and this information will probably interest some ones arround there ...

asgaardro
30-04-2004, 11:40 AM
u pay a lot for a flash cable with only one connector.
if u searh in web u will find all dct-3 connectors(4) and dejan 1.0 at 15 $

surflife
30-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, to precise I'm located in France, so buying it on a US web sit would have increase the delivery delay, the shipping cost, and I would have to pay french taxes at delivery time ...
Yes I bought it with only one specific connector, but my aim was to spend the least, otherwise I could Get a pack with flash and data cable with 4 mobil phone specific connectors for 26 euros (without delivery cost) on the same provider ...
But thank you any way, it was a bit urgent on my side ... and as it is for a professional use my manager accept to pay me back only if I choose the cheapest cable solution ... :smile: