PDA

View Full Version : 3650 - codes don't work.

martynh
24-04-2004, 10:29 PM
I have a 3650 locked to Vodafone. I've generated codes online and using dct4 calc.

I've unlocked 2 of these before but this one is puzzling me. With no sim card in I start the phone, enter 1 of the codes in (number 7) and when I press the final # button nothing happens, should I be pressing anything else - it's that long since I unlocked one I can't remember.

Thanks,
M

Sweetjes82
04-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Did you remember to use The asic7 option?

browntoa
04-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Did you remember to use The asic7 option?
3650 is asic 5...not asic 7 !!!

try with the sim card in....

winniepooh
19-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Is there a master code for the 3650? Mine is locked too AT&T stupid girl said it was unlocked and it wasn't I have Tmobile and It won't recognize my card i tried putting those codes but none work it keeps saying code error!
HELP!!!

Fuvibo1
27-05-2004, 12:02 AM
i get the same problem too, i try all five times and it lock up my phone, does anyone know how to reset the phone, and if i have data cable how do i use to reset the phone, i also keep getting the not allow or the same error message you are getting, i have try with out sim and with sim, same error someone help me out too

EdgeCrusher
27-05-2004, 10:38 PM
If you dump your five attempts to unlock the phone via code, there's no way to reset the counter, and there's no way to unlock the phone again via code.

You need to format the phone, with a new firmware that doesn't have any lock programmed. To do that, you need a box, which is an interface between your handset and a computer, the software to do it, and the sofware to be loaded on the phone, meaning, the correspondent firmware to your phone. Plus, you need the correct cable that matched your phone, because all handsets use different cables.

Usually, the boxes come with all that. The more known boxes are Griffin, Prodigy and Twister. Probably a search on google with those names will retrieve more info that may be of your interest... more than probably i would say. You can look for them at ucables.com also, they sell it. They cost around U$S 250-350 more or less, not sure.

I repeat, there's no other way to unlock the phone if you run out of attempts. There are only five. The phone will still let you enter codes, but when you enter the correct code, you will get "cannot undo restriction" message. There's no way to reset the five times counter, at least for now. And there's no other way to unlock the phone.

Best Regards
Edge