PDA

View Full Version : Some flashing questions...

TheSwede
25-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi!

I have a Nokia 3310 with a strange and irritating problem. Almost every time that I charge the battery the phone turns off. I have updated the firmware from 4.xx-something to 5.57 for over a year ago but the 'bug' is stil left.

Ok, now to my other problem that I need help with.

I have downloaded the 6.33 firmware (3310_0633.fls) and the PPM/"language"-file (nhm5ny06.33a). The cable I am using is a "Flasher Cable" with a M/F-switch (sitting on M right now) on my COM2. Tried Noktools, Rolis Flasher, Eeprom Tools, Knok 2K3 and they all can see the phone. Knok95 can't see the phone. When I try to update with Knok 2K3 the program says it can't communicate with the phone, even tough it can read the phone info earlier.

Am I doing something wrong ? Can I flash with another util ? I think some of them doesn't support "FLS" ? Any help is welcome! :-)

Sincerly,

/The Swede

hakhawk
26-04-2004, 06:18 AM
hi, not sure about the phone turning off with the battery, but you need a fasher cable that plugs into your parallel port. the one you have will not flash your phone. you can make a cable if you know what you're doing with electronics, or you can buy one. just search around on the forum. hope i helped

TheSwede
26-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I also have an cable connected to the LPT-port, thats the cable I used the first time I programmed the phone. I bought the second cable because I got a "No Network" last time I flashed - which I fixed with the new cable (FAID).

Ok. Now I am trying with the LPT-cable but then the programs just says that it can't communicate with the phone. In almost every program you can change which COM- or LPT-port you are using, but does it scan both of them couse you can't set ONE of them, they are BOTH active.

Does anyone have any clue what's wrong ? Is my cable broken ? :-(

Sincerly,

/The Swede

nokia8210lover
26-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Which OS are you running? Make sure you're running userport in Win XP. Win 98 should go without any problem.

TheSwede
26-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Yepp, I am using Windows 98 couse most of the programs I tested didn't work in Windows XP! :-)

/The Swede

sander18
27-04-2004, 03:35 PM
which program are U using and how do U exactly doing the flashing stuff?