PDA

View Full Version : T610 Bluetooth option unavailable

Carrera4S
26-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi all,
I have recently got myself a brand new T610 (Hurray!) and I have a small problem with it - The Bluetooth option is greyed out and when I try to selelct it, it says that bluetooth is "currently unavailable" (When selected from the connectivity menu) or "Bluettoth is currently busy" (When selected from the More menu).
The phone was purchased abroad, and there in the store the bluetooth worked perfectly.
My previous phone is a 6310i (A great phone by itself) and there the bluetooth is working flawlessly.
I suspect that since uptill recently bluetooth was not legal in my country, that there is some kind of lock on the phone.
Does anybody know this problem, or better yet - How to solve it?
Thanks in advance,

THE INSAAN
27-04-2004, 02:41 AM
i suppose you could try to reflash the phone, or maybe even just update the gdfs area

Carrera4S
27-04-2004, 08:51 PM
but how do I do that?
Is there an explanation somewhere?
I'm working on getting a cable, and need to know what to do next...
Thanks...

THE INSAAN
29-04-2004, 02:00 PM
you need cable and terminator dongle, best place to buy from is www.allgsm.co.uk, this is an honest man, he will not rob you,

you need to reflash phone with updated GDFS, ARM and SBN files, all these files will be included in the kit

maddog
29-04-2004, 02:30 PM
I would be temted to take it back to where you bought it if its brand new, why risk voiding warranty when its down to them to fix..........

poca
03-05-2004, 02:42 AM
Is the phone on Israel SP now ?
Israel is not allowing Bluetooth but there is an fix to that now

rgs
poca

Carrera4S
03-05-2004, 11:40 AM
But I guess the firmware I have is before that, so that lock is still in place...
I'm checking now whether it's possible to update the firmware where I bought it...
Will update...