PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla not supported by Nokiafree?

deviat0r
26-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I apologise if I have got this wrong, but certainly I am having problems...

I use Mozilla Firefox 0.8 (An excellent alternative Micro$oft bloatware) and today I have noticed a possible problem.....

When I click on the downloads section, it allows me to enter but does not take over my logon. As such I am a visitor who can't download. I click on the login (in the downloads section) and it throws me back to the forums.

If I do the same with Internet Exploiter it works fine.

Is this a setting my machine or is it something else?

Cheers,

Dave!

Musicb0ffin
26-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Mozilla is VERY strict on html and the like. I was using firebird a while back, and I had loads of problems with just regular surfing. I now use opera, which in not microsoft, and everything apart from ebuyer works in it fine. It also has pretty much all the features of mozilla and in some cases, does the job better. Opera is worth a shot.

deviat0r
27-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Mozilla is VERY strict on html and the like. I was using firebird a while back, and I had loads of problems with just regular surfing. I now use opera, which in not microsoft, and everything apart from ebuyer works in it fine. It also has pretty much all the features of mozilla and in some cases, does the job better. Opera is worth a shot.

Cheers, will look at it.

Dave!

Alinus
27-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Opera is a good brownser for those who don't like IE

Mircea Vasiliu
27-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Being an Opera user myself I can't help to jump in :)
It's a browser with very nice features and it's definitely worth a try.

Musicb0ffin
27-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Yep, and doens't take 7 years to download on dial up like netscape...

ngc891
28-04-2004, 04:43 AM
i reported the bug on mozillazine... hopefully a solution can be found. don't give up on firefox, i have being using it since the phoenix days.
IEview is an extension i can't live without in firefox... lets you view stubborn pages in IE with one click.

Musicb0ffin
28-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah, there are plenty of plugins around for it, which are very handy.