PDA

View Full Version : No WAP/MMS on GX20 on O2

maxdude
26-04-2004, 02:49 PM
I have had my GX20 unlocked for O2. I have followed the instructions from the O2 website to set up for o2 active, however when I try to connect or send MMS I just get the message no GPRS available. I have tried to find a solution to this in the forum search but to no avail! If anyone could guide me in the right direction or supply me with the info required to get my GPRS up and running I would be very grateful. I am a newbie and will appreciate any help. Thanx. :) :)

Satch
26-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi,
Maybe a Silly question but is the G showing on the screen with your O2 sim IN? :)

Well if you don't ask

Pete

maxdude
26-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi, it is when I request using WAP but not when in idle mode. I know when I bought the phone with Vodafone sim card it is on constantly. However, since unlocking and putting o2 sim in this does not happen. I cant even access Vodafone live. **** off!! :-? :-? :evil: :evil:

Satch
26-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Hi maxdude,
If the G isn't there then I think you will have to contact O2 customer service and have GPRS & MMS added to your service?
I did this by email on there site but would be quicker to phone?
Hope this helps alittle

Pete

maxdude
27-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanx Pete,

I have contacted my service provider to do this and am waiting for them to activate it. We shall see. Problem I have is Vodafone are my SP and seem reluctant to do things as I'm on o2, and keep advising me that all would be a lot more straight forward if I was on one of their tarriffs!!!

Satch
27-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Hi maxdude,
When you say you've contacted your service provider do you mean vodafone or have you contact O2? :-? :-?

Pete

maxdude
27-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Well, I have contacted both. Spoke to O2 first and they tell me they are unable to do this, it is my service provider, i.e Vodafone, that should provision my sim for gprs. Contacted Vodafone and they seem unable to do this as can only activate vodafone sims!!! V. annoying!!! :-? :-? :-x

Satch
27-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Hi maxdude,
Yes Vodafone are right they can't setup O2s sim cards its down to O2. With O2 Sim in your phone O2 are your provider.
Heres part of my email to O2

I would like to set my number up for mms on my sharp gx 10/20 phones

Their Reply

Dear Peter,

Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Service.

Please accept my apologies for any delay in responding to your email.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to send and receive MMS. On investigation, this has been because the GPRS & MMS had not been added to your services.

Well I have added the GPRS & MMS today which can take up to 24 hours to be activated.

You will also require the settings for your phone.

I can advise that you can obtain the WAP, GPRS and MMS settings from our website.

All I can say is ask O2 again to activate your O2 sim for MMS.

Hey you will get there!!! just going to take alittle longer? Yes it is VVV annoying.

Regards

Pete

maxdude Keep :) :) :) ing

maxdude
28-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Cheers mate, you do istill confidence in me. Do you have o2's e-mail add you used. Can't seem to find the one I need.

Thanx Pete. :) :) :)

Satch
28-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi maxdude,

Sorry should have left it with my last post, Here you go [email protected].
Fingers crossed!!!

Pete :)

maxdude
07-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi Satch, if you're about, posted my email to o2 this time last week and still no reply!! How long did you have to wait?? Do you have a suitable no. to ring aswell?

Cheers mate

:-? :-?

Satch
08-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Hi maxdude, :)
If I was you I would go to the O2 site.
Goto Help put in your O2 number press go then click on contact us fill in the details required and ask if they could set up your O2 number for MMS/GPRS.
The only number I have for them is 4445 which is for CC from your O2 number but not free?

Heres a bit of info from O2 web site

What if I'm having problems using Media Messaging?
Media Messaging problems
There are two main reasons why you might be experiencing problems with Media Messaging, please try the following solutions to resolve them:
Check settings
You need to ensure that you have a Media Messaging handset and that you have the correct settings. Please click on the 'Get Media Messaging settings' link below to download the Media Messaging settings for your handset. If your handset is not listed then please use the generic settings below:

Data bearer: GPRS
Security: Non-secure
IP Address: 193.113.200.195
APN: wap.o2.co.uk (Pay Monthly)
APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk (Pay as you Go)
Username: o2wap (Pay Monthly)
Username: payandgo (Pay as you Go)
Password: password
Authentication: Normal
Homepage: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

2. Check provisioning
If you have the correct settings in your handset and Media Messaging is still not working it may be that you do not have Media Messaging provisioned on your account. Please click on the 'Contact Us' link below and provide a brief description of your query.

I'm not sure how long it took them to reply.

They say they try to reply to Emails within 48hrs?

Hope this helps

:) Pete :)

maxdude
08-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Thanx for ya help again Pete, I have sent further e-mail. Shall see...............